bora re-map

friff

Reaction score
hi guys first post on ere im soon gonna be getting a bora 130bhp tdi and im just wondering where to get it re-mapped fron and roughly how much i would gain in bhp and the price?????:anbet: :whip:

were u based at as im from barnsley and how long would u need car in for???

real time driving custom remap ok let me see if I have got this right you are going to map the car in real time on the open road? If I want to come and do this you are going to want me to drive my car while you map it? what insurance do you have for me to do testing on the open road what about if I get caught speeding while we are doing this? (do I get a free remap?) how do you change the maps in my ECU while we are driving?
and how do I know what power I have after you have finished?

from the old fart :)

Yes that's correct. Your insurance will cover it and we also have insurance so that shouldn't be a problem. As for the speeding, i'm sure this won't be an issue but no we wouldn't give you a free remap if you got caught i'm affraid. To know your exact power you'd need to go on a RR but even then it may not be your actual power on the print offs. Hope this helps.

Sorry to be a pain the **** but I think you will find that any normal insurance will not cover you for testing on the road and you have a policy that will cover me fully comp ? with out knowing how old, what convictions and driving while you are working on the car on the open road? I would love to be your broker :) this much cost a bomb.

What about how it's done? do you have to open my ECU or can you do it through the OBD?

many thanks :)

We have an insurance policy for the business to be covered while doing the remapping and fitting of any parts regardless of the car, the insurance doesn't cover you when driving the car as you will need to tell your insurance that your getting the car remapped past it basic spec otherwise your insurance will be void anyway. The mapping is all done through the OBD port then when the car is mapped to how you like it, we then flash the map onto the ECU again through the OBD port.

thanks for coming back to me. I understand that I will have to tell my insurance company but that will still not cover me for testing or test driving. These are two things that are writen out of all insurance policys. Do you have an airfield or private land that it can done on instead?

Are you doing real time changes to the maps in the car? or just loading maps and then seeing what happens? am I right in thinking that full load and boost is in the higher gears so it would mean that we would have to drive in 4-5 flat out? (yes I know you won't give me a free remap if we get caught but I would like to have an Idea of how likely it is that I'm going to have to speed) are you checking the car for fuel etc.

Many thanks for all your time

WOF :)

I'm affraid we don't have a airfield or private land and to remap the car properly then yes once or twice you will need to be full out to set the peak boost etc. All the changes will be done in real time driving and as for checking the fuel, if this means getting the correct balance and amount getting pushed in then yes this is also done. I understand your concerns and therefore as piece of mind to yourself it may be better to get your car remapped on a rolling road. ANy more questions just give us a shout.

Thanks.

Many thanks for your honesty that a rolling Road remap would be better than what you can offer (very refreshing). I just have one last question and it's me just being a geek and wanting to know more. you said that you do the changes in real time. do you load any other software in to the ECU or can you talk to the ECU and see whats going on? and all through the OBD port?

Many thanks for all your time I'm sure you've better things to be doing:)

I never said that a rolling road remap is better then what we offer because personally i really don't think it is. Alot of people prefer real time driving remaps because that's exactly what they are, real time. It also means it's easier to get the map exactly how you want it at the time. In my opinion a rolling road remap would be better for you going off your concerns that you spoke about but be aware that the car will still need to be tested on the open road once the remap has been done and then maybe tweeked a few times after that to get it how you want it.
In respect to how we remap the cars, we have many different ways and techniques of doing it all depending on what the car is, the mods on the car and how the owner wants the remap. If you wanted a generic remap then we could do that without you having to even drive the car. If you wanted a totally custom remap where we start from scratch then that is also available aswell.
As for the rolling road remap, no doubt a google search would bring up the nearest dealer to yourself.

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick. Can I ask you some more questions about the live remapping from what I have read on these forums to do live remapping you have to plug into the ECU and alter the memory but not through the OBD port. Can you now do the through the OBD port ? and what about the latest cars do you do the new 2.0T of the TDI?

Many thanks :) WOF

Hi again that wasn't quite what I was asking. everyone can flash the cars through the OBD as far as I can see but you can also do the real time mapping through the OBD on the PD 130 and the new 2.0T and the TDI?

Many thanks
WOF:)

Hi all I've not been on here for a while and now I remember ... DPM you really need to go and give yourself a good talking to. You are trying to tell everyone that you can in real time emulate the memory content for and of the VAG range via the K line or the CAN Bus?

I think I'm going to have to go away for a few more years

Max

Ok I'm not going to get too deep into this but you are trying to tell everyone that by plugging a cable into the OBD port you can while the car is running and driving down the road alter the values in the calibration tables. In all of the ME7 EDC15 ME9 and EDC16 ECUs? (how about the MED17? just a thought) this all done without the use of emulators or any form of additional hard ware?

Please tell who makes this and i'll take myself outside and give my self a good talking to

Max

I'm not looking for an argument and haven't been throughout this whole discussion but once I’ve loaded our program onto the ECU the customer can drive the car whilst we’re plugged into the OBD and we're able to change pretty much any value there and then. We're not the only company who does it this way and I’m not disputing that there is many other ways of doing it either. I'm sorry if I've given the wrong impression to anyone and I didn't intend putting anyone's backs up. :beerchug:

What can I say you must be able to walk on water as well!

I would suggest that everybody have a very open view over this, draw your own conlusions and keep asking questions.

There have been no answers here.

Max

No need to get smart mate and that's a little two faced after the private messages you've just sent me. I agree, it is best to have an open view on the whole subject of remapping but i was just telling people the way we do it. Some cars you can load the program on through the OBD and it enables you to change the settings as the customer is driving and some you need to go into the ECU and do it that way, all depends which car.

Hi Guys

Dont want to tread on any toes, but the ECU must be connected to an emulator in order to live map on the road.

As long as the re-map is a well programmed one, then it should have originaly been programmed using a rolling road, and can be tweaked after road testing

All the best! :thumbsup:

Hmmm me feels that someone got the point :)

:noway: i don't think i put my point over correctly so i'll bow down! One day Max we need to sit down and discuss this properly and i'll show you the software we use, you may be very suprised and impressed! :beerchug:

DPM,
i'll be coming to see you, probably in 6-8 weeks, to see what you can do for my car - '98 A6 1.8T. I'm also a bit lacking in knowledge in the re-map area and have previously spoken to Simon Coe (nice guy) of CCCTech who chips the car but i'm just wanting to see what alternatives there are locally (i just live in Cramlington).
Will I ask for anyone in particular when i come?
Cheers
Barry