How can I tell it is 115bhp or 130bhp.....?

audisean

Reaction score
I have just bought 2001 VW Bora 1.9 TDI Sport and the seller said it is 115bhp with usual VW Sport extras on it.

But as I log on to the internet for insurance quote for my new car, I put the reg number on it and it's show my car as 130bhp 1.9 TDi pb Sport??

Can anyone can be able to identify the engine power output? My log book was sent off and I didn't read it properly...d'oh at me!!

Thanks

Sean

look at the sticker in the spare wheel well in the boot. If it says 96KW on it, its a 130bhp

it would be good if it was......

Is it a "Red i" on the TDI badge or not? @ 2001 I would surmise that its a 130 engine and not the 115, the115 expired quite early on in production in favour of the 130bhp..

Just my two peeth wurth

I always thought the red D and red i was the 130.

Red i was 115.

And all red was the 150 (just to throw another spanner in the works). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think your right there TDI. as the Golf GTTDI badge was all red

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't...

My old man's GTTDI is red 'DI' and it's a 130 6 speed.

The GTI diesel (PD 150) has a red 'TDI'...but the GTTDI doesn't.

I guess thats one in the "i" for you TD..incidentally is yours red or blue TDI - Line, just curious as it doesn't show on your avatar.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think your right there TDI. as the Golf GTTDI badge was all red

[/ QUOTE ]

The GTI diesel (PD 150) has a red 'TDI'...but the GTTDI doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah meant GTI, kinda get the GT TDI and the diesel GTI thing mixed up. Why couldn't they just have one GTI for the MkIV like the old days and the current MKV

So that's cleared all that up.

My 140 TDI has no red lettering, just a red 4 for the motion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmmmm.....

My V.W Bora TDi got red D & i on boot badge, but the I.D inside the boot said the engine output is 85KW, so that mean it is 115bhp??

The car is mid-2001, Y-reg model, before the new 51-reg come in.

Thanks

Sean

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.....

My V.W Bora TDi got red D & i on boot badge, but the I.D inside the boot said the engine output is 85KW, so that mean it is 115bhp??

The car is mid-2001, Y-reg model, before the new 51-reg come in.

Thanks

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

115BHP models were only available for approx. 12 months usually W or X - plates, so maybe your car was a late registered one??