EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Golf MKV Hot start problems - VCDS results

Hi,

I'm usually dealing with my A3 in the 8L section, but today I'm in here as the mothers golf has the "hot start issue". I've changed the CTS but that's not worked, still had problems. Connected VCDS and went into measuring blocks, disconnected fuel injector loom and cranked the engine measuring G28. It came back with 210. I believe it has to be 280 before the engine will put fuel in when hot, is this correct?

I gave the battery a full charge, tried again and it still gave 210 as RPM. Now I was doing this when cold, is this is? If so, with a return value of 210 ( I was expecting 230-250) is this more likely to be the starter motor or battery?
    The car is only two weeks old from the trade seller. It has included warrenty but is only £1000 limit and doesn't include cost of diagnostics / testing. Due to this I am reluctant to put it in and really might think about getting my money back?
    It's a 2005 chassis 1K, 1.9 TDi Sport 105BHP, has anyone got any advice or tips on fixing this or how to get my money back?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    had a few starters causing poor start and also cam sensors

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    Hi,

I'm usually dealing with my A3 in the 8L section, but today I'm in here as the mothers golf has the "hot start issue". I've changed the CTS but that's not worked, still had problems. Connected VCDS and went into measuring blocks, disconnected fuel injector loom and cranked the engine measuring G28. It came back with 210. I believe it has to be 280 before the engine will put fuel in when hot, is this correct?

I gave the battery a full charge, tried again and it still gave 210 as RPM. Now I was doing this when cold, is this is? If so, with a return value of 210 ( I was expecting 230-250) is this more likely to be the starter motor or battery?
    The car is only two weeks old from the trade seller. It has included warrenty but is only £1000 limit and doesn't include cost of diagnostics / testing. Due to this I am reluctant to put it in and really might think about getting my money back?
    It's a 2005 chassis 1K, 1.9 TDi Sport 105BHP, has anyone got any advice or tips on fixing this or how to get my money back?

Thanks
    did you manage to sort it? like op said its the starter motor,they suffer from heatsoak from gearbox.
    Last edited by warren_S3; 13th August 2012 at 06:49.
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

Reverse Gear

Status

Golf MKV Hot start problems - VCDS results

I had this problem on my golf mate. Tried everything. Some say it's the coolant temperature sensor that needs changing. Be careful as it will be hot when the car been running and when you change it make sure the o-ring comes out with it so you can put the new one in. A lot of coolant will come out so catch that if you haven't any coolant lying about.

This helped me a little and then instead of charging the battery I got sick of it and just bought a new battery altogether.

Touch wood have had no problems since.