Golf Edition 35!!!

Wes G

Reaction score
Hey all...

Well long story short I recently bought an Edition 30 from my local main dealer and the whole process was a nightmare, had all sorts of problems with the car and the sales guys involved, and the negotiations are still ongoing on some of the faults. On a recent conversation with them which was very heated I eventually got to talk to the dealer principle, and at last he agreed that the way I had been delt with was discusting. We eventually calmed down and discussed the launch of the Edition 35 which should be about shortly, this is a serious consideration as my next car as I'm fed up with the issues on mine already, love the car but just problem after problem, so thinking of going for my first brand spanker car?
Sorry I have run on a little but I really like the spec, a slightly detuned version of the Golf R, which I'm sure could be sorted later on as a remap option, so any thoughts on this?
I have sorted out with the dealer having there demo for a weekend as soon as they get it,(NO DATES AS YET)does not make up for how they have treated me but its the least they can do really! I am seriously considering placing an order as soon as its possible?
All opinions on this welcome, thought I might get a few negatives on here as well to perhaps make me look at it from a different view??? Obviously its a big decision so want to be clear in my head its the way to go?

Thanks in advance Wes.

Last edited:
Hey Jason , cheers mate, when they arrive over here I will!!! I'll find a link for the reviews of it, they are not the best reviews if I'm honest but I love it mainly because its just that little bit different, anyway see you at ADI???:hi:

I'm not a fan of buying new tbh, the thought of losing all that money in the first year far outweighs the novelty of owning a new car for me. However I can understand you feel a little let down by the car if your having all those problems. I had all sorts of problems with my 3.2 when I first got it, chains, tyres, misfiring etc. and the dealer was a nightmare to deal with, however it turned into the best car I ever owned and was glad I stuck with it.
I'd use the thought of buying a new Edition 35 to your advantage in getting yours right first at which point you may just want to keep it after all, If not then sod it.....................buy an S3:whistle2:

Hey Jason , cheers mate, when they arrive over here I will!!! I'll find a link for the reviews of it, they are not the best reviews if I'm honest
Hey Wes,I would post a link to any reviews if am honest,I was looking at a 30 and saw the discussion about the 35 :huh:but saying that us 8L S3 drivers slated the 8P version because it looks like an A3 but now its accepted.
I love it mainly because its just that little bit different, anyway see you at ADI???:hi:
I hope to see you there in your new motor as well Wes :thumbsup:

Hey Wes,I would post a link to any reviews if am honest,I was looking at a 30 and saw the discussion about the 35 :huh:but saying that us 8L S3 drivers slated the 8P version because it looks like an A3 but now its accepted.

I hope to see you there in your new motor as well Wes :thumbsup:

Will be there in the Ed 30 mate.

I'm not a fan of buying new tbh, the thought of losing all that money in the first year far outweighs the novelty of owning a new car for me. However I can understand you feel a little let down by the car if your having all those problems. I had all sorts of problems with my 3.2 when I first got it, chains, tyres, misfiring etc. and the dealer was a nightmare to deal with, however it turned into the best car I ever owned and was glad I stuck with it.
I'd use the thought of buying a new Edition 35 to your advantage in getting yours right first at which point you may just want to keep it after all, If not then sod it.....................buy an S3:whistle2:

The faults are all sorted now and I do love the car, just trying to get some cash back out of the dealers, I have had to stick £1200 into it to sort stuff out which I dont think I should have to do buying from a main dealer and paying top dollar for it. And I also took out a proper VW extended Warranty, and a service plan, I would now rather pay and take it elsewhere for service when its due...the dealer has cheesed me off that much.
Would have loved to go for an S3 SB, as I wanted a five door, but at that time I didn't want huge amounts on finance and could not afford one, looked at a couple of 3drs but just needed the extra space so the Ed 30 was the closest to the S3 I could get for the budget.Who knows what the future will bring, will see the Ed 35 in the flesh before I decide now so will give me plenty of time to 'bond' with the current one!
Hows your new car Ju??? you picked any wheels for it yet or you keeping it OEM for a bit.You should come to ADI mate, best show of the season in my humble opinion, really good day, have a blast round the track also:racer:

Wes.

I too would have loved a S3 sportback (S-tronic), but it would have cost me another £7-8K and tbh my son is 13 now and half of the time doesn't want to come with us anyway so the 3 door suits me OK. Got a few little niggles to sort out, nothing major or to do with the dealer and a few things to retrofit, then I can think about wheels etc. But I'm starting to get used to the Standard S3 ones so theres no rush (famous last words), Will probably sell My CK's and then have a look around.
Never been to ADI, done a few of the others but something usually crops up and I can't make it.