rs4 engine in my golf mk 3(vr6)

what engine does the rs4 have?

can't see the point in gettin rid of a vr6 myself - proably better to tune it up instead.

[ QUOTE ]
acf8181 said:
what engine does the rs4 have?

can't see the point in gettin rid of a vr6 myself - proably better to tune it up instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

the engine would be worth more than the car, and traction would be a real problem so isnt really worth it...

RS4 = 2.7 v6 bi-turbo 380bhp

Rich

exactly what i was tryin to get at!!!

get this shopping list for your vr, it'll still probably be cheaper, and you won't be dissappoited....

corrado throttle body,
schrik vsr inlet manifold,
torque biasing diff,
gemini six speed conversion with custom ratios (as opposed to one with normal ratio's but a longer 6th gear).

obviously you can do a lot to the suspension and brakes to get the most out of it, but you'll be having scooby's with the above...but it will cost about £4k!!

You can get a 2 year old RS4 for 35-40K for the entire car. the engine is likely to cost around 18K from the dealers.

A VR6 with a corrado throttle body and shrick inlet manifold will not have scoobys - at all! At best it will stay with a classic uk spec (212BHP) Impreza turbo.

Your best of going down the 1.8T route with modified turbo and map. K04 (S3 TT) turbo and remap = 260 - 280 BHP
IHI roller bearing turbo uprated injectors etc and remap = 300+ BHP but i rekon your talking at least 5k which is becoming more expensive than most mkIII golfs so your better off buying a MKIV turbo 7K for a good un and chipping it to 200 - 220 BHP for £400 - jabbasport