Exhaust manifold for a 91 Mk2 1.3 Golf

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.tuffty.co.uk
Does anyone know what other VW/VAG cars shared this engine as the exhaust mani on my little Mk2 runabout is badly corroded and blowing so other than sourcing a new one or replacing the engine with something else (yes, this is a consideration) I would at least for the time being like to keep the lowly 1.3 going for a bit longer...

Guessing the Polo would have this engine but my Mk2 is pretty much the last of line and I am not familiar with what was about around that time.... Its a multipoint injection model too and has twin downpipes rather than the single I have seen on carb models..

Ta

<tuffty/>

How bad is the manifold mate a good metal worker will be able to weld it for you with cast iron welding rods I could do it but no idea where your from

How bad is the manifold mate a good metal worker will be able to weld it for you with cast iron welding rods I could do it but no idea where your from

Thanks mate but its pretty bad tbh... not sure how much metal is left... its a pinhole blow but the surrounding metal looks thin... I will have word with the guy I help out from time to time and see what he thinks... he may be able to have a go at it but still on the look out for a replacement just in case...

<tuffty/>

eBay then mate that will be the best place I'm sure it should be the same as a 1.3 polo but I don't no for sure dude hope ya get it sorted