quick wheel refurb

JimC64

Reaction score
car01.jpg

Hi All, just a quick post.
Wifes Passat had 2 front tyres on the legal limit and needed 2 new ones, although she had nice alloys they were in a bad way with sixeable chunks of lacquer peeling off and pulling the paint with it....not nice.
I did intend to refurb them although it would have been quite a task
frown.gif

Anyhow, I decided to bid on some A3 Audi wheels with 112 pcd 5 stud setup from Ebay and got them for £160 with 2 brand new tyres and 2 with 7mm. 3 of them are in excellent condition and cleaned up nicely, but the 4th??
Well, It had some majot kerbing on it and some fairly deep damage in 4 or 5 places but I reckon I could sort it out.
I'm not gonna do a full write up as I've done it before, just sanded down, filled in with filler and sanded down progressively using finer n finer grit, then primed and painted using WURTH paint ( An ABSOLUTE MUST ) as it is a perfect match for Audi, VW and BMW.
3 coats of paint and 1 coat of lacquer to date.....I'll give it another 2 coats of lacquer tomorrow to finish it off.
Not perfect, just a quick refurb to get it back on the car....
Anyhow, here's a few pics

Befores
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 125KB.
000001.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 127KB.
000002.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 131KB.
000003.jpg

Afters

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 158KB.
000005.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 156KB.
000006.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 152KB.
000007.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 139KB.
000008.jpg

Thanks for looking

Jim

Nice work!
Mine are scuffed and kerbed etc - id like to do this but dont feel confident to do this.
What paint colour did you buy and what primer and lacquer did you get etc and where did you buy it from.
Prices etc
thanks

Hello all, express post.
The wives of the Passat 2 limit and the new, required 2 buses front, although he was well, they got bad alloy coating peeling sixeable pieces, and then drag it to the paint. not good.