Volks AutosSky Insurance
Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    ALPINE's Avatar
    Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    S/E LONDON / KENT
    Posts
    3,086

    Xbox 360 slim...

    anyone heard of this? the missis was reading one of her money saving expert forums last night and someone mentioned a 360 slim. i have googled but no solid proof its gonna happen.

    What iss?

    Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Yeah, it's real mate. It's a new improved version of the 360. Apparently it cannot RROD (which I doubt), slimmer, whisper quiet (like the PS3) and glossy black (like the PS3), has a 250gb HDD (like the PS3)...can you tell which side I favour? haha

    I would get one if i could afford both the PS3 and the 360, but alas I cannot. It's also being released ready for the motion control stuff (like the Wii).



  4. #3
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,074
    Yeah the Natal (aka Kinect as release name) as it was called in developement is looking very promising, technology brought in to the xbox by an israeli company buy up, loses the controller & uses gestures & movement, sounds very promising for sure.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  5. #4
    ALPINE's Avatar
    Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    S/E LONDON / KENT
    Posts
    3,086
    nice... ill start saving. I was always a PS fan and hated the Xbox, sony took too long and over priced the ps3, so i went xbox. i would never go back i dont think either, Yeh yeh ps3 has a blueray and the xbox dont! i want a games console not a dvd player

    cant wait for that to be on the uk shelves! woop!

    Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

  6. #5
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Already pre-ordered, i am now selling my modern warfare 2 250gb limited edition xbox 360 elite if anyone is interested!

    Its only a few months old, but im one of these people who has to have these new things


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  7. #6
    ALPINE's Avatar
    Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    S/E LONDON / KENT
    Posts
    3,086
    Me too dazmo, where did you pre-order and how much was it?

    Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

  8. #7
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Its available almost everywhere mate and has been for a week or 2, i ordered last week at game for 199.99 it was 185.00 on www.shopto.com but all pre-orders are now full, try game, amazon, play.com mate, they are all charging the RRP which is 199.99

    To be honest i dont know why im bothering as there is nowt wrong with my console, but hey it looks good and will give me more space under my tv for other stuff!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  9. #8
    ALPINE's Avatar
    Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    S/E LONDON / KENT
    Posts
    3,086
    my sons been after my 360 for ages so this seems a good excuse to get me a new one!! nowt wrong with my Elite either. correct me if im wrong but i can network the 360s up so we can play each other cant i? i.e me on big screen him upstairs on his screen??

    Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

  10. #9
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINE View Post
    my sons been after my 360 for ages so this seems a good excuse to get me a new one!! nowt wrong with my Elite either. correct me if im wrong but i can network the 360s up so we can play each other cant i? i.e me on big screen him upstairs on his screen??
    Yes mate, depends how you want to do it.

    You can either-

    1) Join both consoles directly with an ethernet cable running up the stairs between both consoles.
    2) Join both up wirelessly with your wireless adapters (new one has it built in)
    3) Using the wireless both join xbox live and meet there.

    I have another xbox in our bedroom just incase i want to lie in bed and play something


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  11. #10
    ALPINE's Avatar
    Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    S/E LONDON / KENT
    Posts
    3,086
    niceness!! just rang game and theres a 8 week wait!! lol

    cheers for the info!

    Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

  12. #11
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINE View Post
    niceness!! just rang game and theres a 8 week wait!! lol

    cheers for the info!
    Pre-order on line mate, dont bother with the store!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  13. #12
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    I was gonna say that it has wireless built in now too, but dazmo beat me to it. Wireless N too I might add. Microsoft are bringing out a great package here with the 360...all the stuff that was missing they have finally included as standard, and dirt cheap too.

    Except bluray, but it's an added extra that i've used once since I had my ps3


  14. #13
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    I was gonna say that it has wireless built in now too, but dazmo beat me to it. Wireless N too I might add. Microsoft are bringing out a great package here with the 360...all the stuff that was missing they have finally included as standard, and dirt cheap too.

    Except bluray, but it's an added extra that i've used once since I had my ps3
    True mate, this is what the 360 should have been from the beginning.

    I am also selling my wireless N adapter if anyone is interested?


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  15. #14
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    im surprised noone has mentioned natal (or kinect) ruins any chance of playing while drinking with mates, as all youre gonna hear is your mates saying "xbox off"


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  16. #15
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Why don't microsoft actually sort the problem out properly rather than a half-hearted attempt? The RROD is why i'd never buy another 360...i just don't trust them. Shame really, as they have some amazing stuff coming out/ already out.

    More info here


  17. #16
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    My Brother has had 3 Xbox 360's, 1st one had the RROD so it got replaced, the same with the 2nd and he now has an elite which has taken to not reading disks. He's off to uni soon so i quite fancy a 360 so we can play online but all of the problems he's had is putting me off, but this looks like the answer to my problems

  18. #17
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    My Brother has had 3 Xbox 360's, 1st one had the RROD so it got replaced, the same with the 2nd and he now has an elite which has taken to not reading disks. He's off to uni soon so i quite fancy a 360 so we can play online but all of the problems he's had is putting me off, but this looks like the answer to my problems

    thats nothing mate i have had 9, yes 9 f*****g consoles, including 2 elites, 5 pros and 2 arcades, at least 6 have been for the RROD and the others have been for faulty disc drives, faulty motherboards and faulty power supplies!

    The new consoles/elites now have the jasper chip which is 99% less likly to have any RROD, so far mine is good and hardly gives out any heat! but im still getting the new console
    Last edited by Dazmo; 22nd June 2010 at 14:55.


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  19. #18
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Why don't microsoft actually sort the problem out properly rather than a half-hearted attempt? The RROD is why i'd never buy another 360...i just don't trust them. Shame really, as they have some amazing stuff coming out/ already out.

    More info here


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  20. #19
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    thats nothing mate i have had 9, yes 9 f*****g consoles, including 2 elites, 5 pros and 2 arcades, at least 6 have been for the RROD and the others have been for faulty disc drives, faulty motherboards and faulty power supplies!

    The new consoles/elites now have the jasper chip which is 99% less likly to have any RROD, so far mine is good and hardly gives out any heat! but im still getting the new console
    9 Consoles thats not cool is it! I have to say neither of my ps3's have put a foot wrong (apart from the first one running out of memory!)

  21. #20
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    9 Consoles thats not cool is it! I have to say neither of my ps3's have put a foot wrong (apart from the first one running out of memory!)
    No mate its not good, but im still sticking with the xbox 360 as you just cant go wrong with the games and xbox live!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  22. #21
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    No mate its not good, but im still sticking with the xbox 360 as you just cant go wrong with the games and xbox live!!
    They are good, and top marks to MS for replacing them so fast, but it's still a pain when they do go wrong. 9 consoles though, that's just mental!!!

    Let us know what you think of the new slim one when you get it. Any idea when it will be?


  23. #22
    Gops's Avatar
    6th gear @7000rpm

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,634
    Stick it in a minifride! i do that to my PS3! Runs like a dream!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

  24. #23
    reptor245's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    1,150
    The question is. Can the drive be flashed to play back ups
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

  25. #24
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    31
    If anyone can wait until the 15th July, GamesMaster magazine will be giving away 5 Xbox Slims with a bundle of games (Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Forza 3 and Halo 3) in a competition...

    Apologies if this sounds like a shameless bit of self-promotion!

  26. #25
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    4
    That a very nice console. I wont mind having one.

  27. #26
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    My shiney new Xbox 360 Slim is waiting at home woohoo! hopefully it'll behave itself!

  28. #27
    Yey :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    52
    bought mine on sunday and im quite impressed how quiet it is!

  29. #28
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Yeah its great but one problem, it doesnt have dual band built in wireless, for some reason the *******s at MS decided to put only single band wireless N inside and not dual band.

    Even the black wireless N adapter was dual band, another cost cutting example...they dont tell you that do they!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  30. #29
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Boo to MS indeed!!!! I hate it when they do stuff like that. All other things i've heard are good though.


  31. #30
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    I'm quite impressed with the wireless in the slim, performs just aswell as the PS3. My brother and I can both play on Xbox Live without any problems too, got to love replacing the bt homehub - piece of crap lol

  32. #31
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I'm quite impressed with the wireless in the slim, performs just aswell as the PS3. My brother and I can both play on Xbox Live without any problems too, got to love replacing the bt homehub - piece of crap lol
    Yeah but like i say it is a lesser standard than the wireless external adapter!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  33. #32
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    I saw one of these new X-boxes in costco on monday. I was begging the wife for one, but she just wasn't having it, lol!


  34. #33
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    1) Join both consoles directly with an ethernet cable running up the stairs between both consoles.
    Didnt know the xbox has auto crossover, if not then need to do some wire swapping & static ip addressing unless one acts as a router with dhcp server.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  35. #34
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    How many of you have the new xbox? I had my first experience of one yesterday, and was amazed with everything until we played a game. It still sounded a lot louder than the PS3 when spinning a disc. When in the dashboard it's so quite though, and love the shinyness and smallness also.


  36. #35
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    How many of you have the new xbox? I had my first experience of one yesterday, and was amazed with everything until we played a game. It still sounded a lot louder than the PS3 when spinning a disc. When in the dashboard it's so quite though, and love the shinyness and smallness also.
    If you install a game to the console it doesnt spin the disc at all!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  37. #36
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Or plug it into a 5.1 and forget all about it

  38. #37
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    If you install a game to the console it doesnt spin the disc at all!!
    Fair point indeed! And I also like the idea of just installing some 5.1 audio and not worrying about it!


  39. #38
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    A 5.1 system is by far and away one of the best things Ive brought for gaming, mine isn't anything special just an LG job from Richer Sounds. But it is sooooooo useful on the last 3 CODs (and im sure it would be for bad company 2 etc.) if you play online you can hear people walking around you, near you, laying claymores, calling in airsupport. It's saved my butt on many occassions and annoyed no end of Americans.

  40. #39
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    ....and annoyed no end of Americans.
    Think I will be ordering myself one of them then, nothing beats annoying those damn yanks! haha


  41. #40
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Yup nothing like a good 5.1, loving my Sony HTSF 360 5.1


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO