Final Fantasy XIII

howdy quattro

Reaction score
Anyone got this yet?? What are your thoughts on it? So far visually I'm blown away, but the interaction in the actual gameplay is abit lacking to be honest for me. Spend more time watching the story unfold with the controller on my knees instead of it in my hands! I just hope once I get onto the world map(if there is one)that things start to liven up abit for my fingers and thumbs!! ooooooh, another plus, the new battle format, loving it!! I always thought it was abit cheeky to be able to just pick up summon orbs from off the floor or round the back of a cave!! So battling with them and impressing them into submission is much more fitting!

Its stuck on the kitchen side, i am just waiting for the misses to fall asleep then i will get a quick half hour in.

From the reviews i have part read i understand that it all falls into place after a few hours of play.

Trust me, you'll have a job to pull yourself away after half hour!! Played it all day yesterday and half of today and its still mostly just fmv with abit of monster fighting. But the story keeps you hooked tho, gotta go out tonight for a meal with the missus and some mates, but was seriously thinking faking some kind of contageous disease, but the bird was having none of it, so out I go!!

I picked my copy up on Tuesday and I have racked up a rather embarassingly large amount of time playing! The game is very 'linear' for the first 12 hours aparently but then it opens up with minigames and sidequests etc. but I agree Visually stunning, and playing for half an hour is going to be a challenge! lol'ed at contagious disease, Im faking a family get together to keep th girlfriend away for most of Saturday! I also have the walkthrough, so if any one gets stuck just holla!

Yeah I've been on it just over 18 hours, would've been more without these pesky interruptions! I cant wait to get into the usual sidequests and sub plots, not that the main plot isn't gripping enough, but its nice to have lots going on at once! Just seen the FMV sequence at that big ceremony to do with the battle between Pulse and Cocoon! How amazing is that?!?

I have to admit that it isnt grabbing me all that much. Move forward, cut to fight, move forward, cut to fight, move forward, watch awesome video.

I know it will get better, but if you didnt know what was in store i could see some throwing it aside to finish Bioshock 2.

Plus i dont really have a ****** clue what the hell is going on, or who is who.....LOL :)

hahaha!! Whereabouts are you on it mate? If you look in your datalog it tells you mostly all what you need to know. mostly.............mwahahahaha!!

Pulse, cacoon the purge.............i have no idea where i am TBH. All i do know is that lightening, or should i say light (to her friends) just had her big boss fight.

I have to admit that i am hooked and the initial slow pace is justified when you look back over how much there is to learn.

A 30 min session turned into 90mins last night, and i am only stopped a i knew i had to get up early in the morning.

Great game :)

So has anyone managed to finish this yet?

I am at chapter 10 i think, 20+ hours so far.

I will get this once it comes down abit as i have just bought just cause 2.

However nothing will beat the amazing story and freedom of final fantasy 7!