PS3 slim controller problems

S80DDE

Reaction score
hi all, got new slimline ps3 few months back when it came out and recently the controllers/console have started playing up.

the problem: when i turn on the console using the controllers and not the consoles on/off switch the controller's four lights continue to flash and a controller number is not assigned. i realise im being a lazy a*** but stil, i wanna know if it can be fixed?!

Your controller is not assigned to your playstation. Switch your ps3 on manually and then press the ps button on the controller, if it continues to flash, press it again and it should assign to your ps3. Hope that helps!

Sometimes I have to re-sync mine with the USB cable too. This usually seems to happen when someone (mentioning no names, but i'm married to her) decides to just turn the console off via the main switch at the back. It drives me insane, but she keeps on doin' it! grrr

Lol! My girlfriend does that. She thinks she's saving the planet but really she's destroying my o-dont-you-touch-my-ps3 zone layer!

Lol! My girlfriend does that. She thinks she's saving the planet but really she's destroying my o-dont-you-touch-my-ps3 zone layer!

Mine thinks she's saving the planet at night when we're brushing our teeth and she turns the tap off to a dribble after she's done, just so i don't have to turn it on as far! Why the hell doesn't she turn it all the way off then? Once she also turned the oven off for '2 mins' for some random woman reason, and never turned it back on again, ha! No wonder tea took ages to cook...plus think of all the extra electricity required to re-heat the oven. Anyway, i digress! Perhaps I should take this to the rants and raves forum? lol

Good luck with the controller issues though.

Hi Guys,

first post and its nothing to do with an Audi!
this is my ball park really and the issue is caused by a software release on the slim, the bluetooth module inside the ps3 is not being powered quickly enough for controller to recognise it a power up, this in turn sets the controller to then be looking to do a new sync.
you will find that if you connect up to the net with the ps3 and do an update, this problem will be resolved.

Cheers

Lee