Modern Warfare 2: Initial impressions

Irish EK

Reaction score
Ok guys, went to xtra vison last night at 12am to pick up my copy of modern warfare 2 and headed home to give it "quick" play. i tried out the campaign, and im pretty impressed. only played to the "massacre" level, but so far so good. then i thought id give the mulitplayer a go.

now i know im probably gonna be slated for saying this, but i was not at all impressed with the multiplayer mode. i think that the multiplayer has a "world at war" feel to it, and does not look or play anyway near as good as what the original modern warfare did. i also do not like the selection of weapons that you get as i think they feel and look very fake (if that makes sense?). i also do not like the noise that each weapon makes and think they all sound very similar. In MW1, the weapon selection was very realistic, as was there sound when fired. im afraid that this just isnt the case with this game. i just think that this really takes away from the games realism.

now i know that a lot of you havent got a chance to play this game yet and i apologise if you think that i am spoiling this for you. this is not my intention at all. i am simply voicing my disappointment in it, as i have been eagerly awaiting the release of this game for a number of months. now granted i havent been playing it for that long but these are just my initial impressions of it. i really hope it looks better while playing it in the light of day, but good old MW1 could be brought back out of the box very soon..... Maybe im just too used to MW1?? Others opinions please!

Disappointed, (initially):(

Last edited:
There is a MW2 thread running already mate.