(PC version) CoD Modern Warfare 2 petition has gained PS3 support

Mags

Have you seen my keys?
Reaction score
Well in their wisdom, Infinity Ward have decided NOT to allow dedicated servers for the next instalment of CoD.
This means no one can set up a server, you have to play via IWNet, which decides where and with whom you play.

After seeing the evidence so far, you'll be lucky if you can get 6v6 games.
This is due to the fact, you'll need to rely on the upload bandwidth of one of the players, as you'll be using his PC to host the game.

Now it seems PS3 players are up in arms, due to the fact they have restricted hardcore modes, plus some are also asking for dedicated servers.

Info about dedi servers can be found here.

The petition can be found here.

I personally have stopped my pre-order and will not be buying the game, unless this situation changes.
I know of many others that feel the same way.

This link show a search for the word boycott, in servers already in place.

Edit: A blog from fourzerotwo on the subject

I'm not a happy gamer atm, been waiting for this game for some time, infact since CoD4. :crying:

thats how the xbox game has always been hasn't it? it chooses the best central server out of a bunch of players..... and we pay for the privilege!!

I should have been clearer in my post sorry, this is in regards to the PC.

This move is the exact opposite of Dice, who infact are going to bring dedicated servers to the consoles.
Infinity Ward's IWNET will basically make my PC a console. If I want to play console style multiplayer, I'll play on a PS3 or XBox.

The community we have on the PC, has been around for years, based around dedi servers on new games that get released.
We have a history of modding for games also, which this move also puts a stop too.
Alot of us feel Infinity Ward owe us a little more respect than this, as it was the PC community that actually promoted the CoD series, into the franchise it is today.:sign_unfair: