PS3 vs Xbox review

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
okies just went out yesterday and bought the 80gb PS3 (mainly for the BLu Ray).... overall im impressed although I have only had limited useage....how much stuff do you have to download first!! and how slow is it?? think it may be down to the size of the files rather than my connection as my broadband happily works quickly for the xbox. have uploaded a few demo's like need for speed etc, 2.5 hours per demo on average to upload!! and im getting 8mb from my broadband which is 3 metres away!! pants

Totally hate the design, it fits in my living room next to the Sky+ and sound device, and looks totally alien!! although im loving the touch only buttons. The misus has had more use playing on Sony home thingy

The blu ray is ace as are the built in wireless and batts in the controllers, shame they dont include the HDMI cable for the sake of a few quid.

Overall im not swayed from my Xbox for gaming and think the online shops are far easier to use on the Xbox too with seemingly more content (demo's etc)

The PS3 does exactly what i wanted it too in terms of Blu Ray, the rest is a bi-product that the misus can use so I can spend more time on the Xbox

just my humble opinion, feel free to shoot me down:)

Tim

Yeah i agree too, I bought a ps3 just for a bluray player. I got the 80gb version and put a 320gb hdd in it, but still use the xbox for games, although i have a few games for the ps3 but i mostly load movies on it. I am not sure about the xbox360 elite though don't think it looks that good in black. I almost toasted my xbox the other day when i got a new tv stand that hides them all away and I thought it would be a good idea to put the power brick in with it and it got a tad hot

Have a xbox 360 & PS3, since buying the PS3 i have not used the xbox 360.

Enough said.

obviously we are all gonna have differing opinions on this as we have different experiances....

I have the Elite but found out last week that it too is prone to the dreaded rings of fire!! i bought it cos thought it was immune!! ******...... luckily i dont go on it for hours and hours at a time, 2 hours a night max:eek:D

Some of the downloads are slow (despite me taking the **** in the other thread re BB) and it is annoying that you HAVE to do them just when you want to play...

That said tho... as a media centre... top ********... and I love mine all over..

Get the bluray controller.... its well wicked,.

yeah i agree as a media centre, got it on my main TV downstairs and plan on loading all my media onto it...can it link to ipods?

shes playing Bejing 2008 at minute and it occasionally skips when shes running or doing what ever.....

Well i do have the x360 and the ps3 60gb.The best console is ps3 as you can do alot with it.Install linux and some other os.Do have a 500gb external HD connected to it for movies and music.But for games i would go for the Xbox 360 despite you have to pay for xbox live and on ps3 its free online gaming.

Xbox 360 plays copied games that you can d/l for FREE from the net.

PS3 = full price for games.

End off really.:rockwoot:

i've got a PS3 and an Xbox 360 Elite... and tbh im raping the Xbox at the moment just purely because the multiplayer is 100x better than PS3... if they actually developed any good games for the PS3 other than Fifa and F1 and people started playing online it wud probs be a winner but at the moment Xbox have still got it rite and will continue to do so until Sony pull out something amazing... Ps4 looks siiiik :D

haha na im just kinda obsessed with that phrase lately... blame my emo m8s :p

siiik = awsome :D ha!

my gamer ID is B19 AL H :)

ps3 is a grea blu ray player, the Xbox IS the gaming console tho end of :icon_thumright: