3 red lights....ahhhhhhhhhhh

Herby1

VAG All the way
Reaction score
hi peeps just got the three red lights, need the best advice possible to fix it, please can someone steer me in the right direction,

it will be so much appreciated.

thank you everyone.

call MS. Your warranty will be for 3 yrs, been recently extended by MS on all 360's which are out of date/early batch. They will fix it for free. Trust Me!!

COoky

but i dont think i have the receipt anymore buddy? does that matter? if they dont are their any technicians that can sort it out for me?

i got the three lights on mine last month. call them up on 0800 587 1102 and give them your serial number and they can check if its got any warrenty left and then if it does they will email you an UPS label to print. I got mine back in 2 weeks which wasn't to bad and it was my original xbox back with a note saying the motherboard was to blame. you can also do it all online through xbox.com but i think it will get done faster if you phone.
Sam

yeah, can confirm Herby, you dont need the receipt. Just the serial number on the 360.

cooky

Very very rare not to be in warranty considering Microsoft have just lost 1 Billion dollars extending it to 3 years so that it covers every unit produced, atleast I believe its for all the units produced to date.

Thankfully mine was made in November 2005 when they updated the production lines to incorporate the new quieter dvd drive and updated fans to cool it. Touch wood its never failed yet even with my 2 year old son sticking everything he can find into the dvd drive, ie jam covered dvds :(

red ring of death its called and so common microsoft changed the motherboard on the newer versions and the new elite.
They will still fix it though and everyone i know who's had it have had a NEW 360 back and not a fixed one.

3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Mine has 1 red light...I rang up last night and was told it was out of warranty by 1 month (13 months old).......FUMING!

Edit...Just checked, 3 years is only for 3 lights issue....may have to try and make mine 3 lights instead of 1 :haudrauf: