cable and xbox live?

S3tony

Reaction score
rite then ladies and gents, im getting myself a house next week, its so far from the exchange they cant even garante a 1mb connection on adsl, so im thinking of going cable. the question is does anyone use xbox live on cable broadband and at what speed, theres a good deal on getting phone and 2mb for £20 at the moment,
thanks in advance,

I guess when you say cable, your are referring to your supplier being a cable TV supplier? What is your download speed in kbs?

I have an Xbox online with Xbox Live and currently have 2mg broadband at 200kbs! How ever a friend gets away with a 56kbs on a dial up connection, suffers some lag in games but still manages.

yeah i did mean a cable provider as in now its virgin media. i didnt know you could get xbox live using dial-up. it was just i dont know anyone whos on cable so i was wondering if anyone on cable had any problems with xbox live,

Ok no worries, I am running on Bt Broadband!

So guess i can't help then!

lol

A friend of mine asked me for help trying to get on xbox live with a linksys wireless router on telewest and i read up that people were having problems with the mac codes but apparently this is sorted now. so worse case you will have to phone your provider and tell them the mac code of the xbox 360 so that they will allow it. But i don't think you should have any problems with it as it shouldn't be much different from asdl!