Volks AutosChris Nott
    TQS
    1st Gear

Status

Just about to buy

an Xbox 360 with the two games combo... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

Which would you say are the best two?

I'm after a driving game (probably project Gotham Racing) and also a first person game where i can run around shooting people and also play on Xbox live....

WHat are the best first person shooters around at the moment - especially for going online with???

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3K
    1st Gear

Status

Re: Just about to buy

PGR3 is pretty good and realistic as far as the cars capabilities go, its quite technical but Burnout Revenge is an OTT game with great crashes and explosions with no sense of reality which I found was more fun. PGR I found is good for online play but didnt really get into it with Burnout...I found the offline stuff on that more addictive. As for FPS I bought Ghost Recon which I think is pretty good though there are issues online with connectivity in certain areas of the multiplayer side. I have not got any FPS games to compare but you wont regret getting the 360 its a top machine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TQS
    1st Gear

Status

i got PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero.
    I managed to break PGR3 within about an hour (i moved the xbox from horizontal to vertical whilst the game was in and managed to screw up the disc so will be exchanging that today with a bit of luck - oops!)

As for Perfect Dark, what;'s the big deal? It's OK but it looks a bit like a cartoon - not very next generation in my opinion - think i'll try and swap this for Fight Night and wait for Battlefield 2 to come out.... hmmmm

Uber Post Whore

Status

PGR3 is ok, very samey, but amazing graphics.

Call of Duty is a must, the realism is excellent. Couldn't get into Perfect Dark myself.

TQS
    1st Gear

Status

Well, Perfect Dark went back and I exchanged it for Fight Night 3 which is superb! I've not played any of the previous Fight Night games before so it was all new to me - the realism is spectacular and it doesn't take too long to get the hang of either... just having fun beating the cr@p out of my mates and having the cr@p beaten out of me at the moment! Great tactical slugfest!
    At least worth a rental from the local video shop...
    Will be doing the online thing in a few weeks when i get round to setting it up - sweet!

S3K
    1st Gear

Status

Battlefield 2 just bought it....its a top FPS [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]