GT Academy 2013 powered by GT6

MBK

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Time to dust off the PS3 for the free GT Academy 2013 which also doubles as the Gran Turismo 6 demo. If you know the GT Academy set up it's the usual arrangement.

If you want to be the next person to win the GT/Nissan Academy drive this is your chance, you'll need to be properly quick though!

The demo is worth playing you get a solo lap of Silverstone and a couple of short races in the Nissan Leaf and 2013 370Z on the usual GT suspect courses as an introduction. The feel of the cars is realistic, I'm lucky to have driven a 370Z at Silverstone and the weight transfer of the car and real need to wait before getting on the power is authentically recreated. I'd say you can be much braver on the brakes in the game than the real car though which gets twitchy under hard braking.

The main event is the GT Academy proper where you hot lap as much as you like to set your lap time in a 2008 370Z GT Academy car which is a handful with all the assists off. The current UK single lap of Silverstone top time is 2m18.2s which is impressive, I'm just about beating the gold time with a 2.24.4s lap, so some way to go yet.

So if you are playing set us some times to compete with.

In playing as well, time trial has to be THE most frustration set up ever!!
my best so far is 2:23.430, good enough for gold.
No idea how the best time is 2:16 must be cheating haha