Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Interior Next!!

Status

GT5 - Who uses a wheel, who doesnt?

Hi Guys,

was at a mates last night and we were playing gt5 discussing whether we think using the steering wheel will make the game easier/even more fun... So we went on Youtube and strated checking them out..

Now the last experience i had with one of them wheel/pedal setups it was total crap (but were talkin maybe 8 years ago) and never liked them since! but the ones now are meant to be crazy... Somne on the videos we were watching were just truly epic.. e.g. the drifting in GT5 is hard and when using the wheel it seems its a lot easier with the opposite lock and real driving situatuions whereas with the analogue you are fairly limited..

now dont get me wrong im not struggling with the game by any means, but just looking at mnaking it an even better experience...

i mean check this out! Pre-Order: GT Omega Driving Simulator Gaming seat PS3 on eBay (end time 11-Dec-10 01:07:14 GMT)

its a lot of money (not to mention the controls cost betwen Ł130-Ł300) and very gay but imagine....

So any feedback regarding wheels post it up.. in particular the Logitech G25 dont think i can stretch to a G27
    Last edited by S3RYE; 4th December 2010 at 09:21.
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    A wheel will always make a driving game more fun, and i'm defo looking into a driving seat set up!!!
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    yeh me too.. look at this thing me n a mate saw lol Fanatec Gameshop

ok if your a footballer or something.. id have one! with three 3D tv's
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    Be interested to hear how you get in with a steering wheel, never given it much thought as years ago they were ****e...

What's peoples choice on driving position ??

In the car or out...

I sit in the car, on the road position, feels a lot quicker than being outside the car, and turn in seems better, I used to always drive from outside the car on previous games but not anymore !
    revo'd