GT5 - ASN Member in a reasonably priced car - November

smudge_don

Reaction score
The VAG legend stays true, as the Volkswagen Lupo1.4 '02 won the vote with 30.77%!!!

Not sure on how to do this yet (as i don't have the game obviously) but i'm hoping one of the following things will happen:

1) be able to setup a track day/event where people can come and post their times using the Lupo around the Top Gear test track
2) people can race the Top Gear test track using the Lupo, no modifications, no tuning, no changes whatsoever and then post their best lap times on here with a screenshot/photo of your time

As soon as i get playing the game tomorrow, i'll post up some more details as to how we should go about this

In the mean time (for those eager beavers) please feel free to race the TG test track in the Volkswagen Lupo1.4 '02 and then post up pics/screenshots of your best time! Please remember that there are no modifications, no changes to any setup or anything allowed to be done to the Lupo before driving around the track.

I'll then make a leader board and keep it up to date as best possible.

Any suggestions on how to make this better would be great also :)

Good luck! And safe driving people! :eyebrows:

Yay!!!! Lupo's rock. Hopefully mine should arrive today and by the weekend I suspect I will have a lupo to rally around the top gear test track.

Cheers for doing this mate!

Hope mine comes today, can't wait to see the lupo flyig around the track. Good luck people

Psn name: MikeChesterUk

I went to tesco this morning for mine :) and omfg unlocking the TGTT is ridiculous, I'm impatient and it's a race between 12 VW campers that barely hit 60mph :-/ I kept driving into the back of the computers :-/ and they kept breaking at the follow through like WTF!!!!

Anyway so far I'm very pleased it's an unreal game, took a while to get one of the license things on gold, and I mean a while! Was starting to really get on my nerves as the licenses do.

Iv got to wait till 2 to get mine got shopping to do first :banghead: women lol. Then i wont be able to go on it till later tonight until shes watched her crap on the t.v either rant over lol.

My wife is a proper snot bag. She ignored my texts all morning, then strung me along etc, and finally sent me this pic, followed by a pic of it installing.

Image1-3.jpg

Then she just sent another saying she was so excited she might pee herself...sarcastic woman! Still, she's installing it all for me though, so I can't complain
smile.gif
Roll on the end of work.

My wife is a proper snot bag. She ignored my texts all morning, then strung me along etc, and finally sent me this pic, followed by a pic of it installing.

Image1-3.jpg

Then she just sent another saying she was so excited she might pee herself...sarcastic woman! Still, she's installing it all for me though, so I can't complain
smile.gif
Roll on the end of work.

She installed it without you asking?! That's better than a blowjob :laugh:

She's a keeper!!

Only 4hrs 9mins 36secs left till i leave work! Woop!

Recieved a text from the GF, said " do you want me to just see you friday? I know you will be on that game all night"

My reply " see you friday "

Recieved a text from the GF, said " do you want me to just see you friday? I know you will be on that game all night"

LAD

:laugh:

Mine's in Bedford until Saturday!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!

Stupid Audi has some stuff to be done to it though :( hate it

She installed it without you asking?! That's better than a blowjob :laugh:

She's a keeper!!

hahahahaha! I might tell her you said that, she'll be well made up! Just found out that I won a £100 prize at work (I'm a student really, so it's not quite work). My day just got better!

I will quote the text I got from my wife when I told her I'd won £100...

"Seriously?!?!?!?!? HA That's AMAZING! Well done :) Amazing BJ for you tonight. Could your day get any better? Love you"

What a great text....shame i'll be playing GT5 all night so will miss the BJ.

I'm kidding!

hahahahaha! I might tell her you said that, she'll be well made up! Just found out that I won a £100 prize at work (I'm a student really, so it's not quite work). My day just got better!

I will quote the text I got from my wife when I told her I'd won £100...

"Seriously?!?!?!?!? HA That's AMAZING! Well done :) Amazing BJ for you tonight. Could your day get any better? Love you"

What a great text....shame i'll be playing GT5 all night so will miss the BJ.

I'm kidding!

You don't need your **** to play GT5, get her to do it while your playing the game!!!

hahaha! I couldn't mate, that would blow my mind and be too much enjoyment in one go.

All you need is a cold beer, a racing seat/steering wheel setup and the volume turned up to MAX :laugh:

Then, you have the perfect evening

I have a steering wheel, but nothing to mount it on yet, ha! It's a christmas present too so she won't let me have it early :( She said I can try GT5 out with it tonight, but will probably save that for friday when she's out so i get a good few hours in with it. I have plans already tonight so will get about 30 mins only, and that will be with a 2 year old jumping allover me and slapping me in the face as she likes to do! :(

I have a steering wheel, but nothing to mount it on yet, ha! It's a christmas present too so she won't let me have it early :( She said I can try GT5 out with it tonight, but will probably save that for friday when she's out so i get a good few hours in with it. I have plans already tonight so will get about 30 mins only, and that will be with a 2 year old jumping allover me and slapping me in the face as she likes to do! :(

Consider yourself lucky, NHN is taking up my evening, guiding me through taking an RNSE unit out via MSN Messenger in the dark :(

I went to tesco this morning for mine :) and omfg unlocking the TGTT is ridiculous, I'm impatient and it's a race between 12 VW campers that barely hit 60mph :-/ I kept driving into the back of the computers :-/ and they kept breaking at the follow through like WTF!!!!

Anyway so far I'm very pleased it's an unreal game, took a while to get one of the license things on gold, and I mean a while! Was starting to really get on my nerves as the licenses do.

Right I had a cheeky go on the way back to work from a meeting, 1st go 9th, 2nd go 5th, 3rd go 2nd! you are quite right if youre on your own the other campers catch up after the follow through, what you have to do is try and be in the slip stream behind another van it really does make a difference, as does driving like a touring car driver lol. Also no real need to brake for the second to last corner. Good luck people!

Right I had a cheeky go on the way back to work from a meeting, 1st go 9th, 2nd go 5th, 3rd go 2nd! you are quite right if youre on your own the other campers catch up after the follow through, what you have to do is try and be in the slip stream behind another van it really does make a difference, as does driving like a touring car driver lol. Also no real need to brake for the second to last corner. Good luck people!

I got first second attempt at actually completing the track haha, everytime I would hit the back of someone or be shoved out while trying to over/undertake, but it does require some patience as the car is POOOO!!!

time for some more GT :eyebrows:

I hate that you get disquallified for nudging someone!!!

So annoying when your like 2 corners from finishing :laugh:

Got 2nd on my 1st attempt on the beginner, now it's onto intermediate....

So I thought I'd share the awesomeness that is my GT5 :eyebrows:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Although I am still yet to figure out where to enter the damn SLS competition :(

I hate that you get disquallified for nudging someone!!!

So annoying when your like 2 corners from finishing :laugh:

Got 2nd on my 1st attempt on the beginner, now it's onto intermediate....

I know it's like the longest Test Track lap EVER! even the 'Stratos' did it quicker haha
and at bacharach they all slow the **** down stupid AI

Tried that before its almost impossible to play, trust me!

Your poor controller! Ha

I am loving the game, just about to get my a license. Arent the jaggy shadows awful though! Hopefully a patch will fix them, but they're awful.

I still aint got it, will look into getting it this weekend.

Your poor controller! Ha

I am loving the game, just about to get my a license. Arent the jaggy shadows awful though! Hopefully a patch will fix them, but they're awful.

Ye i noticed that as well. Reminds me of GT1 :laugh:

Got all my licenses but the last 1 now, and completed the Kart, Nascar and Top Gear specials apart from the 3rd one as i'm not on level 19 yet....LONG

GT is my favourite game series, but i have a 360. one question...

is it worth buyin a ps3 n upgrading the tv to hdmi just for gt5?

No

Do what i do, and upgrade the TV to a HD projector that gives you a 90" image...that's the way to do it!!!

OK guys so I'm just after figuring out that any and ALL Standard cars must be bought from the Used Dealer, seeing as they appear randomly there there's a chance of our TGTT Reasonably priced car not appearing to all of us straight away, I for one still haven't seen it.

I WANT MY DAMN Quattro!!!! ***!

Anyway I think we may need to change the car to one that is 'Reasonably priced' on the Premium list so that everyone can participate if ASAP if they wish.

What about the 147 Twin Spark?

Last edited:
I haven't checked yet, but can't you buy the Lupo from a dealership?

Plus, you could just do the TGTT when you've unlocked it Arcade mode, so that you don't have to buy the car...

I think i'll restart this for December once people have had a chance to unlock the TGTT, coz i certainly haven't yet :laugh:

Too busy with my 246bhp Toyota Yaris (Vitz) which only weighs 874kg!!! It's a lil rocket!!!!

There's no Lupo in the dealership, but in arcade mode I think the Lupo GTI is available, not the 1.4 '02 one though, we could just change it to the Lupo avail in Arcade, and the track is basically unlockable straight away, just go into your special events and it takes a bit of time if you're impatient like me haha

I haven't checked yet, but can't you buy the Lupo from a dealership?

Plus, you could just do the TGTT when you've unlocked it Arcade mode, so that you don't have to buy the car...

I think i'll restart this for December once people have had a chance to unlock the TGTT, coz i certainly haven't yet :laugh:

Too busy with my 246bhp Toyota Yaris (Vitz) which only weighs 874kg!!! It's a lil rocket!!!!

Just read that you will change the lupo to december, i think that's the best choice! Seems a shame to use it only for a few days! :)

Oh, and I haven't managed to unlock it either. That race is awful, proper boring I think.

Just read that you will change the lupo to december, i think that's the best choice! Seems a shame to use it only for a few days! :)

Oh, and I haven't managed to unlock it either. That race is awful, proper boring I think.

Yup i'll do that

Requires a lot of patience, and no driving like a touring car driver lol

Have you done it now then? I just think it's a silly race. Think I got third the other night, but one time I got barged off the track and hit onto the grass and disqualified. Had I not being getting my bj i'd have jumped and shouted in anger....Well, that's not true, it never happened as is so common with women! Promise breakers! :(

Either patience or determination! hahaha I have no patience whatsoever but I wanted the TGTT and i wasn't about to let the stupidest car ever stop me :)
Anyway if you just use cars that are available in arcade mode for the first 2-3 months then that will give everyone some time to get set in the game and have a good feel for it

Have you done it now then? I just think it's a silly race. Think I got third the other night, but one time I got barged off the track and hit onto the grass and disqualified. Had I not being getting my bj i'd have jumped and shouted in anger....Well, that's not true, it never happened as is so common with women! Promise breakers! :(

Awww, there there *pats you on the head...the head that's on your shoulders btw*

Ye i did the camper van and just done the Lotus one (oversteers like a bitch under breaking into the 1st corner)

Just trying to get my level up to 19 so i can do the last race now :)

Either patience or determination! hahaha I have no patience whatsoever but I wanted the TGTT and i wasn't about to let the stupidest car ever stop me :)
Anyway if you just use cars that are available in arcade mode for the first 2-3 months then that will give everyone some time to get set in the game and have a good feel for it

Ye i'll have a look in Arcade mode and stick a new thread up for December in the next few days

Level 19 is needed in order to do the last TGTT challenge so that you can unlock the TGTT

I'm on 15, anyone else close?

What...you have to do all three races before you can unlock TGTT? I thought you just had to win gold on the first, gutted! Enter me for the January ASN member in a reasonably priced car :crying: