Black Ops

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else is as excited as me about this coming out??
I wil deffo be there at midnight monday to pick it up from the local tesco. :yes:

I cant wait for it. I`ll be at the local Gamestation picking it up at midnight on monday. Sadly i couldnt get the tuesday off work so i`ll have to limit myself to a short playing time and then go to work in the morning. But i`ve got the rest of the week off to whore it :D

Its going to be epic!! will complete campaign in a few hours after work and then just play zombies over and over and over and over like WaW lol

The game looks epic, the graphics look that little bit better again, gameplay looks incredible so all in all, safe to say I'm excited by it's release!

My birthday next week so I'm hoping I've dropped enough hints, I'm sure I have so i'll be playing it non stop for a good couple of days, i'll be walking out of the bedroom with square eyes by the time I've finished!

Can't wait!

Me on black ops release day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have next week off...

I think il keep an eye on this thread to see what you lot say about when you get it as i was dissapointed with mw2 so it has put me off the series tbh although bringing the zombies back has got me interested ;)

my mate is in the know and he has a copy he got it today and i went up for a peek. the servers arent up yet so no online play(****) the game itself is fantastic the gameplay and graphics are awsome. but im an online man myself so roll on mon 12 oclock..

Anyone fancy getting a group together for an Audi sport clan . Btw I'm on 360

cant wait for this, usually i have to wait till xmas as the misus never knows what to buy me!! this year i'm on a bit of a winner, my niece works for game and therefore is getting me 25% off their price :)

B003WFLGO4-xboxpr.jpg

Roll on my PRESTIGE EDITION

Daz,you won't be able to go to remembrance marches with that medal you know :moa:

So who has the best deals for it, best price and availablity anyone??

Not 100% sure on price but i expect it to be about £45 ish, as for availability if you havent preordered it you may be out of luck getting hold of it if its sales are anything like MW2. On Friday one of my mates went to the tesco where i've pre ordered mine from to order it and was told they arent taking anymore pre orders now and he'll have to wait till stock becomes available.

Im going to be getting me a copy of this! Have thurs and Friday off! Waiting for deliveries at home, so I know what i will be doing in the meantime of those deliveries arriving!

So I've been playing for about 2 hours, the multiplayer seems to be a bit crap, a real step back from MW2. Characters barely make any noise as they approach you and I've come to rely heavily on sound.

I only had about 30 minutes online before i went to bed so cant really comment on it yet, but when i played the single player campaign i thought the story was/is quite cool up to yet, im just at the bit where you go to seee the president. One thing i did notice though was a couple of times the game seemed to pause momenteraily for just a split second, other than that though its all good IMO.

Haven't got it yet but just spoke to my bro who was playing it all night and so far he doesn't seem overly impressed, though to be fair it may take a while to get used to it after playing MW2.

My postman is going to get a christmas card full of poo this year.
On a totally un-related matter my black ops hasn't been delivered yet but my buddies are saying the same about multiplayer

Hope the multiplayer isnt as bad as what i am hearing but from what i have been reading on the tinterweb they have tried to make it more stealth orientated :unsure:

Anybody tried the zombies yet??

My postman is going to get a christmas card full of poo this year.
On a totally un-related matter my black ops hasn't been delivered yet but my buddies are saying the same about multiplayer

Just had a go on multiplayer round my bro's and to be honest I'm not going to rush out and buy it, no doubt i will at some point though...

I've found the multiplayer to be very laggy, doesnt seem as smooth game play as MW2 and the fact you have to buy your guns etc is wak !!

Im annoyed that the 2 day xbox live membership code in the box isn't working!!!!

ooooh this is interesting as i dont tend to buy two games at once so i can get my moneys worth and am seriously considering F1 2010 ----- after this thread possibly instead of BO!!!

iv just played it for 7 hours and now the mrs has kicked me off to watch the soaps boho

Stop being such a tight b**tard n pay the £40 for the year :moa:

They recently had an offer on live for the next time you renew, it was £23.00 for 12 months and also a free Halo avatar helmet! bargain!!

iv just played it for 7 hours and now the mrs has kicked me off to watch the soaps boho

Got my copy at 4pm today after waiting in all day for the parcelforce t**t to turn up, as a result i only got a few hours in and so far im in two minds!

Its defiantly not MW2 thats for sure, game pace is much slower and its more of an improved world at war sequel than a sequel to MW2.

Once you get to a decent level it gets alot more fun, love some of the maps, hit detection isnt great, quite a bit of lag online too, kill cams are ***** and graphics are abit ropey in places.

Gutted thats its not actually MODERN either, guns are a bit dissapointing, im gunna give it a few days and see if it grows on me.

Not worth more than £45.00 if you ask me though, think ill be sending my £130.00 prestige edition back!

i think its pretty pants, graphics, gameplay and online could have been alot better.
i didnt like mw2 but this seems worse, im gutted after all the hype.

Just completed campaign n thought it was really good, love the explosive crossbow (sorry for spoiling if you haven't played it yet). Done it on the hardest setting n had trouble on a couple levels, couple shots n you're dead n wasn't sure what I was meant to do lol.

Haven't played online yet, going to have a lil burst now :gun2:

just played online...zombies are good,multiplayer seems to have took a step backward graphics wise but the maps seem good varied ones

Just played a couple hours stint online n not sure about it, think it just needs getting used to. Finding the create classes n all that very confusing and you have to buy attachments n perks etc using your exp.

Besides all that trouble I'm having, I'm absolutely raping people, first game I got 19 kills n 4 deaths :gun2:

Lemon, how the hell have you completed it so quickly??

I loved MW2 and want to feel the same about Black Ops but there are some niggly issues such as the arcadey graphics and tinny sound effects. It's not all bad though. Most of the maps are really good imo apart from nuketown (hate it)

Wager matches, profile customisation and contracts are all good additions to the game and the fact you have to be a lot more accurate with your shooting is deffo a good thing.

Think it might be a grower.