AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 180
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Black Ops

  1. #41
    Essflee's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,007
    Yeah the maps seem pretty good, that nuke town is carnage !!
    revo'd

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    is this getting better then
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  4. #43
    wibble111's Avatar
    needs to scratch the itch

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    829
    Well i'm quite impressed with it now TBH, had a blast last night for an hour or so and found the maps pretty good, even the nuke town, wasnt too laggy but IMO the single player missions are superb, specially like the bit in the boat with the stones playing in vietnam, ooooh and the tunnels, all in all its growing on me the more i play it.

  5. #44
    jb0o's Avatar
    North East Forum Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East, UK
    Posts
    2,609
    From what I've played on Single player, I like it. Just need to get my network sorted so I can beast it up online!

    Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro


  6. #45
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Lemon, how the hell have you completed it so quickly??

    I loved MW2 and want to feel the same about Black Ops but there are some niggly issues such as the arcadey graphics and tinny sound effects. It's not all bad though. Most of the maps are really good imo apart from nuketown (hate it)
    Lol probably because I was playing it pretty much since I got it, only stop for about 3hours to do some work n have dinner.
    I found the sound is way better when you have it on surround sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    is this getting better then
    Yeh it grows on you and you get used to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by wibble111 View Post
    Well i'm quite impressed with it now TBH, had a blast last night for an hour or so and found the maps pretty good, even the nuke town, wasnt too laggy but IMO the single player missions are superb, specially like the bit in the boat with the stones playing in vietnam, ooooh and the tunnels, all in all its growing on me the more i play it.
    I had one laggy game which pee'd me off a bit as I'd be shooting them first but I'd die then watch the kill cam n apparently I didn't even fire

    I thought the boat bit with the stones playing was pretty cool too, had it in the end credits too.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  7. #46
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    I played for a few hours last night whilst the misses was out and thought it was pretty good in single player campaign mode. I've not tried mutliplayer yet and probabaly won't until i've completed the game.

    I would say that the graphics aren't as good as I was expecting to be honest, maybe not even on par with MW2.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  8. #47
    Lee172's Avatar
    GT3071

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wimbledon
    Posts
    431
    Seems a bit of a flop to me, bought mine yesterday and haven't got round to playing it yet. ive only really heard bad things about it so far. I was talking to a girl who works for sainsburys who said they ordered loads in but haven't sold even half of what they thought they would.

  9. #48
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,899
    I played a bit again today and there is shedloads of choices when you level up in setting up classes but the actual gameplay is a bit pap,I'll have to level up and play hardcore for a definite view.

  10. #49
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I played a bit again today and there is shedloads of choices when you level up in setting up classes but the actual gameplay is a bit pap,I'll have to level up and play hardcore for a definite view.
    Hardcore is the way foward
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  11. #50
    kevbu's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Erm, not sure yet. Im only up to level 14 online so time to grow on me, but its so frustrating.

    Why does it seem that I have to hit an opponent a full clip to kill, and every one who shoots at me only has look at me and I snuff it! If I watch killcam they seem to see me before I even get a shot off, but real time on my screen I shoot instant I see them and miss, and thats without a beer.

    Ive also not had a game session so far without it dropping the connection, changing servers or lagging. Im sure its just teething. but its not doing my controller any good and sometimes wonder if the tv is going to get a joypad size hole in it soon.

    Imo battlefield is a much more enjoyable, less frenzied, tactical, stable game, and cant wait for the 'nam version (thats Vietnam, not Chelternam )

  12. #51
    Essflee's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbu View Post

    Why does it seem that I have to hit an opponent a full clip to kill them)
    Just been talking about that very thing with a couple of mates, when I was using the Famas it seemed like everytime I killed somebody I'd have to reload
    revo'd

  13. #52
    S3-Oski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    480
    Not to sure on this to be honest, I have not played Campaign yet, just multi player,

    Its definitely growing on me some nice different touches, especially with the custom camo's cross hairs etc.. But i much prefer both of IW COD4/MW2 multi player,at this moment,

    This Imo plays a bit slower not as fluid, the sound is not very good, graphics are definitely not as good as MW2.

    The lag is probably down to teething problems, loads on line etc, happens to most big releases at first,so cant blame it on the game, as i remember MW2, Halo's all the same at first,

    The Problems i notice are the weapons balance,Does anyone else notice this?

    Assault rifles seem weak, and not accurate when fired from the sites, yet people spray you across the map with a hip fired SMG and kill you straight away.It seems most people use these now,

    Also people seem to spawn behind you constantly,so when you are moving up the map with a team, all of a sudden someone is behind you.This annoys me the most,

    But i will give it time, its definitely good and something different,+ there is zombie mode, campaign etc to do,

    Just not as impressed with it as thought i would be , especially after watching the videos etc,
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

  14. #53
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbu View Post
    Imo battlefield is a much more enjoyable, less frenzied, tactical, stable game, and cant wait for the 'nam version (thats Vietnam, not Chelternam )
    Aye! Bad Company 2 online is the tits. Don't believe the MW2 hype.

  15. #54
    bengal's Avatar
    3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopstasy View Post
    Aye! Bad Company 2 online is the tits. Don't believe the MW2 hype.
    Yep MW2 went in the bin when i got bad company 2 a much better game. By the sounds of online black ops is exactly the same as the others laggy as f**k but i havnt played it yet so i might rent it to see for myself.

  16. #55
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    I've STILL not bought this yet

    Must pull my finger out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  17. #56
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    looking more forward to the NAM version of battlefield, i used to be COD nut but once i played battlefield BC2 online it blew me away at how more realistic it is compared to COD series

  18. #57
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    looking more forward to the NAM version of battlefield, i used to be COD nut but once i played battlefield BC2 online it blew me away at how more realistic it is compared to COD series
    New maps, then Vietnam, then BC3. The future's bright.

  19. #58
    slepy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,128
    I've bought it yesterday through steam account. Played today for a while.
    Graphics is good but game is laggy. I'm at the mission where you fly in a jet and navigate.
    Didn't try multi or zombies yet. My head hurts already so enough for today.

  20. #59
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    I think i will stick with my "Bad Company 2" and wait for the "Vietnam" part to be released, I got MW2 and only played of for a total of about 2 hours if that now, not a patch on "BFBC2"

  21. #60
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I've STILL not bought this yet

    Must pull my finger out.
    How the heck have you got 51870 kills already in the space of not having the game 2days ago and now?
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  22. #61
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,899
    I can confirm its a grower.

  23. #62
    dantdi's Avatar
    ...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    kent
    Posts
    511
    Im Taking game back monday. Load crap i think, Lags online cartoon like. Main game is poo too!

  24. #63
    Chugger

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    2,716
    ha bit of bad responces here.

    Iv got the game today and played for 20mins or so on campaign and seems alright, will reserve judgement for online play for now, atleast until I have completed campaign. Cant see it match MWBC2 tbh because iv read you cant destroy buildings, so will get all those camping *******s on there.

    Online will be slow to begin with, same as all the previous COD's, just until they sort the bugs
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

  25. #64
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    How the heck have you got 51870 kills already in the space of not having the game 2days ago and now?
    I know, I was chuffed with that as well!! lol. I bought it on Friday night, had a few goes before the missus banned me from playing any more.

    Saturday night, I was on it like Sonic, played from 6PM to 4AM without a break.

    Same tonight.... hehe .

    Then Tuesday night I MUST fix my sodding manifold....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  26. #65
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Is it just me, or do all PS3 users find the multiplayer laggy?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  27. #66
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I know, I was chuffed with that as well!! lol. I bought it on Friday night, had a few goes before the missus banned me from playing any more.

    Saturday night, I was on it like Sonic, played from 6PM to 4AM without a break.

    Same tonight.... hehe .

    Then Tuesday night I MUST fix my sodding manifold....
    I looked again a couple of hours later n you had about another 7000 kills...seriously are you like some kind of black ops demon??
    I would say do you fancy a sesh later but I've got to fit a full ex system on my mates type r at 6....unless you're on there till 4am again then I doubt it will take me that long lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Is it just me, or do all PS3 users find the multiplayer laggy?
    It's only been laggy a couple times due to my connection being crap. It does often kick me out the game or doesn't get past the loading map screen which means you either have to wait half hour for it to eventually go back to the lobby or you have to reset the ps3.

    I do like how they've implemented the 3 betrayal kills and you're booted like world at war did. Except when you airstrike somewhere and suddenly your whole team decides to run there as if there was a blonde with big boobs waiting to be pleasured so you end up killing them all and get booted lol.
    Last edited by Lemon S3; 15th November 2010 at 13:01.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  28. #67
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    I do like how they've implemented the 3 betrayal kills and you're booted like world at war did. Except when you airstrike somewhere and suddenly your whole team decides to run there so you kill them all and get booted lol.


    No mate, not some sort of demon, I just do a LOT of running and gunning. I spend my entire time running round like a nutter basically....

    With the lag, I find that I will be running along, pump half a clip of bullets into someone, who will then kill me, despite me firing a lot earlier.

    WAW was the same when it first came out for me as well, so I'm hoping that it gets resolved.

    Also, the fact that people randomly spawn behind you bugs me as well, as someone else mentioned.

    RC-XDs RULE!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  29. #68
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Also, the fact that people randomly spawn behind you bugs me as well, as someone else mentioned.
    Yes that fecking happens to me all the fecking blooming time. I'm always getting stabbed in the fecking back, it slightly gets on my nerves!
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  30. #69
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    Yes that fecking happens to me all the fecking blooming time. I'm always getting stabbed in the fecking back, it slightly gets on my nerves!
    Same here. I usually do quite a bit of sniping, BUT, this just kept happening and it really pissed me off. Although, the camera spike is a nice new little feature I have started using to try and stop this from happening. Really cool. The L96A1, what a gun.

    Also, I find the decoy grenade things really useful for conning people to where you want them, again, a nice touch.

    Reflex sights, with the customisable red dots.... COOL!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  31. #70
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Mine isn't laggy at all. I had a good go at multiplayer online at the weekend and it's actually very good. I do have a solid 8mbs connection speed at my place so not sure if that helps perhaps.

    I won't be taking it back, it's better than MW2 online for sure.

    I will have to investigate this Battlefield game now though, sounds pretty good.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  32. #71
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I won't be taking it back, it's better than MW2 online for sure.
    I'm not sure about that atm. Maybe be better when they sort all the bugs out.

    I won't be taking it back though
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  33. #72
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Mine isn't laggy at all. I had a good go at multiplayer online at the weekend and it's actually very good. I do have a solid 8mbs connection speed at my place so not sure if that helps perhaps.

    I won't be taking it back, it's better than MW2 online for sure.

    I will have to investigate this Battlefield game now though, sounds pretty good.
    Yeah, my 4 MB isn't the best. Must set up QoS on the router for PSN traffic.... Facebook is less important on the missus' laptop, there is no doubt about that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  34. #73
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Yeah, my 4 MB isn't the best. Must set up QoS on the router for PSN traffic.... Facebook is less important on the missus' laptop, there is no doubt about that.
    8 and 4!! Just done a speed test here Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and mine is 2.25mbs

    Also what is QoS??
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  35. #74
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    I'm not sure about that atm. Maybe be better when they sort all the bugs out.

    I won't be taking it back though
    I'd be inclined to agree. It's a bit buggy at the moment, as they always are. It's a case of weathering the storm, and living with them in the short term.

    I really liked MW2's online gameplay, once they'd sorted all the bugs, it was seamless.

    I must admit, I find the gameplay in Black Ops extremely hectic, where it is so fast paced.... Which is good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  36. #75
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    8 and 4!! Just done a speed test here Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and mine is 2.25mbs

    Also what is QoS??
    Do a Ping Test as well dude. Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test.

    Speed is only one aspect of it, doing a ping test will tell you how good a quality the speed is, if that makes sense. You can have 16 MB broadband, but if the jitter across the line is bad, you want realise the potential of that speed.

    More info here: Pingtest.net - Learn More

    Also, QoS is Quality of Service.

    Not all routers support it, but basically, on ones that do, you can configure the router to prioritise traffic on particular TCP/UDP ports. So for example, if my Playstation and the laptop are on the web at the same time, with QoS configured and running, the router will give my Playstation priority over the other traffic.

    More info here: What is QoS?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  37. #76
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Ok, maybe overstating it a bit, but i'm certainly enjoying it, the maps are pretty cool. Quite liked the manic gameplay in Nuketown!
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  38. #77
    Essflee's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,007
    I think black ops is pants, big big let down, it may have some bugs but I still don't think it'll be a patch on MW2...
    revo'd

  39. #78
    Lemon S3's Avatar
    Alex

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bicknacre, Essex
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Do a Ping Test as well dude. Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test.

    Speed is only one aspect of it, doing a ping test will tell you how good a quality the speed is, if that makes sense. You can have 16 MB broadband, but if the jitter across the line is bad, you want realise the potential of that speed.

    More info here: Pingtest.net - Learn More

    Also, QoS is Quality of Service.

    Not all routers support it, but basically, on ones that do, you can configure the router to prioritise traffic on particular TCP/UDP ports. So for example, if my Playstation and the laptop are on the web at the same time, with QoS configured and running, the router will give my Playstation priority over the other traffic.

    More info here: What is QoS?
    Just done the ping test n got:
    Ping: 47ms
    Jitter: 1ms
    Line quality: B*
    Packet loss test: failed
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

    PS3: Broady_11

  40. #79
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    Just done the ping test n got:
    Ping: 47ms
    Jitter: 1ms
    Line quality: B*
    Packet loss test: failed
    Packet loss tests often fail mate, I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's to do with the browser normally.

    B is a reasonable result, although it does say specifically: "Some online games may not perform optimally".

    I also have a B grade line at home.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  41. #80
    Essflee's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    How the heck have you got 51870 kills already in the space of not having the game 2days ago and now?
    Have I missed something here ?? Private joke ??

    If that's correct than 2 days is 48hrs, if you played it straight you need over 1000 kills an hour, and that is impossible !!
    revo'd

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO