Chris NottBadger5
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Halo reach

  1. #1
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811

    Halo reach

    anyone playing this game? i quite like it which surprised me as im more of a battlefield/COD type of guy and dont like things with aliens in it but im impressed with it so far.

    your thoughts anyone??

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Brilliant Excercise in Graphics and generally gameplay, but it's definately lacking something. I was really hoping that this would be in line with the epic-ness of the first Halo, I remember that blowing my mind! But I feel pretty let down by it story line wise whilst it is a fantastic looking game just needs more IMO.

    Online play is a bit of a let down too, you empty an entire magazine at some one and all that happens is their shield goes down.

    I love the entire series of Halo but I think Reach ranks along side ODST.

  4. #3
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Got it, but have not opened it yet


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  5. #4
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Brilliant Excercise in Graphics and generally gameplay, but it's definately lacking something. I was really hoping that this would be in line with the epic-ness of the first Halo, I remember that blowing my mind! But I feel pretty let down by it story line wise whilst it is a fantastic looking game just needs more IMO.

    Online play is a bit of a let down too, you empty an entire magazine at some one and all that happens is their shield goes down.

    I love the entire series of Halo but I think Reach ranks along side ODST.
    yes that was what i was hoping for, seeing as ive never played any halo games until now im not sure what others are like but i quite like the online apart from what you said about unloading a mag on a guy and then only his shield goes down, thats why i like playing swat as its one to the head and your dead. apart from this i like it but looking forward more to COD Spec OPS and Medal of Honour

  6. #5
    Tyler Owen's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cirencester
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    anyone playing this game? i quite like it which surprised me as im more of a battlefield/COD type of guy and dont like things with aliens in it but im impressed with it so far.

    your thoughts anyone??
    I'm exactly the same !

    Enjoying this alot more than i thought i would, never played the Halo series before untill now.

  7. #6
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Halo's 1, 2 & 3 are better than Reach for storyline etc. not too mention take longer to complete, I did Reach in a day. Definately on the list of games that you should play IMO

  8. #7
    biggiep's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    156
    Halo is allllll about the multiplayer, it's not a game to buy for the campaign, the story is purely to explain why you have you abilities, explain what halo was in the original and thats about it. The multiplayer cannot be beaten for it's variety. Get involved!
    Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see!
    2008 a5 3.0TDi Quattro. And for when I wanna go fast.... Suzuki B-King (Hayabusa with no fairing, think 0-100 in 5.1 seconds!)

  9. #8
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by biggiep View Post
    Halo is allllll about the multiplayer, it's not a game to buy for the campaign, the story is purely to explain why you have you abilities, explain what halo was in the original and thats about it. The multiplayer cannot be beaten for it's variety. Get involved!
    Whilst I understand your point about multiplayer and the millions of people who play it online can't be wrong I disagree to a degree. I did used to bum Halo multiplayer but I lean towards COD etc. now a days, but that's just personal preferance. But I think the Halo titles are very good for campaign play, with previous points mentioned about the newer titles taken into account, I have always gone back and finished the first 3 on Legendary (sometimes more than once) because I think they are that good, moreover, I will generally choose to play campaign rather than online.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO