Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_A3T View Post
    I think my brain just died after watching that.
    Thats just pure madness..... How fast is it going

My eyes started to hurt trying to keep up with it
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Glad i found this thread! I was just concentrating on doing the A spec stuff and ignorign the rest! Now i have tried the seasonal events and realised how much money i can make!!

Even had a play with B spec last night which was a bit boring, but stuck my driver in my Lambo and left him to it while i cleared off and did something else. Im sure that will get harder as i get further on.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I need to ask about the Seasonal events....... I tried one last night which was has now ended but it was like the third one in and you had to buy an RX7. Started off 12, I got past 11th place by third corner but then didn't get anywhere near the rest off them at all for the remaining 4 laps!!

How are you supposed to win?????? Even stuck a fully customises gearbox in it and changed the ratio's so I got better bottom end but still didn't help that much! Am I missing something ???

Also tried the one where you had to buy an old Challenger, round the Indianapolis circuit and again took 11th place person on the second corner but just couldn't catch the rest!

Help as starting to frustrate the hell out of me now...
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Loving the anonymity

Status
    The seasonal events are really difficult. The first time I tried most of them I was exactly the same. However, careful tuning/upgrading to the max you can really helps. Also, first few times don't even worry about winning...it obviously isn't going to happen. However, watch the computer opponents, see when they brake for corners and try out-brake them. I find that it's usually possible to out-brake them quite easily to gain a bit of time each corner.

The racing line is also very important in the races, again follow the computer for a guide and try and improve on how they do it. As you really learn the tracks and cars better you will find that you can slowly improve. I actually won the RX7 race on my third attempt, by no means a boast but I think I am getting better at the way in which seasonal races need to be done.

Let us know how you get on with the others.

On a side note, I was able to get 1st in the rx7 race whereas my cousin could only manage 2nd after many more attempts. However, he won the challenger event rather easily, and best I could do was 5th on that one. Perhaps the challenger suited his driving style better? We were using the exact same cars as we keep swapping to make it easier to buy them all etc.

They're very difficult events, but really rewarding and fun to play.
    Last edited by crazy88; 6th January 2011 at 17:21.

IGI
    Neutral

Status
    Have a spare standard noggy blue 8L S3 if any one wants it
    add me....... IGI-77

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    The seasonal events are really difficult. The first time I tried most of them I was exactly the same. However, careful tuning/upgrading to the max you can really helps. Also, first few times don't even worry about winning...it obviously isn't going to happen. However, watch the computer opponents, see when they brake for corners and try out-brake them. I find that it's usually possible to out-brake them quite easily to gain a bit of time each corner.

The racing line is also very important in the races, again follow the computer for a guide and try and improve on how they do it. As you really learn the tracks and cars better you will find that you can slowly improve. I actually won the RX7 race on my third attempt, by no means a boast but I think I am getting better at the way in which seasonal races need to be done.

Let us know how you get on with the others.

On a side note, I was able to get 1st in the rx7 race whereas my cousin could only manage 2nd after many more attempts. However, he won the challenger event rather easily, and best I could do was 5th on that one. Perhaps the challenger suited his driving style better? We were using the exact same cars as we keep swapping to make it easier to buy them all etc.

They're very difficult events, but really rewarding and fun to play.
    I tried a couple of the newest ones last night and won them both outright as you are now no longer limited to max bhp so just did a stage 1 tune and job done. However did struggle on the Nascar race with 2 laps of the Ring. Need to try that one again over the weekend.......

Anyone got an F1 they can lend me for a day.......going to take ages to save up!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IGI View Post
    Have a spare standard noggy blue 8L S3 if any one wants it
    add me....... IGI-77
    ooo YES PLEASE!

ive been checking my garage after each race but still aint seen one! ill add you tonight

my psn is: phyzikal

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    I can win that car? I'm such a retard for not looking at what races win what cars, lol. Oh well, i'll have two then and try trade it with someone for something else.
    Yep, maybe was a gift ticket, highest so far is level 12 i had. I'll get sum pics of it and some of the others ive took, upload them soon.

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

Interior Next!!

Status
    make sure you add all aero parts for seasonal events, makes a extra bot of difference..!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Speaking of, that NASCAR event is so hard! Has anybody done it? I haven't even being able to overtake one car, lol. Admitedly, i really don't know the Nrburgring very well, but not even overtaking one car is grim.

I'm still gutted that they've moved resitrictions for seasonal events too, the restrictions made them far more fun.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Speaking of, that NASCAR event is so hard! Has anybody done it? I haven't even being able to overtake one car, lol. Admitedly, i really don't know the Nrburgring very well, but not even overtaking one car is grim.

I'm still gutted that they've moved resitrictions for seasonal events too, the restrictions made them far more fun.
    ok i aint played in a few days but am i right in thinkin there is no HP retrictions on the seasonal events anymore? if so thats great cause i bought a nascar done an oil change straight away and ended up with a 890BHP nascar where your only allowed a 850HP in the nurburgring seasonal event... i was actually going to buy another nascar haha!!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

Loving the anonymity

Status
    You're right, there are no resitirctions anymore. The oil change is a great idea though, never thought of that so will give it a try tonight. However, i don't think buying another will help, aren't they all near enough identical?

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status

I did the nascar event on the second try. I put the downforce up to full and skid recovery on I did set the top seed to 220ish as well. I found it quite easy this way.

Interior Next!!

Status
    You're right, there are no resitirctions anymore. The oil change is a great idea though, never thought of that so will give it a try tonight. However, i don't think buying another will help, aren't they all near enough identical?
    Omg am gonna kill them now! Yeh basically if you ever buy a car new it gt5 oil change it straight away you get more HP. do this with your F1 when you get it
    S

Mellow Yellow

Status
    Ive lost the plot with the endurance race's,Ive mainly been playing it for money so i can build up my garage. Currently 92% done.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    First time I tried this I ended up taking only 3 cars, second time got seventh and third time I've managed forth, got a take slapper on the last corner so lost third right on the line (*****) Think I'll try the downforce as some one suggested and I'll put the skid recovery on. I knocked my gearing down the first time but everytime I came out a low gear corner it just kept lighting the rear up!May try some more traction.....

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Just tried the NASCAR event in the seasonal and changed the downforce, skid recovery and lowered my gearing slightly and finished first no problems whatsoever. Must have won by 30 secs and my last lap was 6.23.

Thanks Bengal for the tip.... Still need a historic race car and F1 to finish my renaming two events off. No way am I doing any of the endurance races, they going to take far too bloody long!

So if anyone got historic race car or F1 to lend me for a day or so I'll be very appreciative.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    Just tried the NASCAR event in the seasonal and changed the downforce, skid recovery and lowered my gearing slightly and finished first no problems whatsoever. Must have won by 30 secs and my last lap was 6.23.

Thanks Bengal for the tip.... Still need a historic race car and F1 to finish my renaming two events off. No way am I doing any of the endurance races, they going to take far too bloody long!

So if anyone got historic race car or F1 to lend me for a day or so I'll be very appreciative.
    I have that vacuum cleaner chaparral that I will lend you mate. My mate is giving me it back tomorrow and then I can give it to you. I think you're on my friends list aren't you?

That will win the historic event nice and easily.

6th Gear

Status
    I need the Chaparral!!
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    The Nascar in the seansonal events is horrific so going to have to try playing with the downforce etc as mentioned but from my couple of goes at it i couldnt get anywhere near them

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil76 View Post
    The Nascar in the seansonal events is horrific so going to have to try playing with the downforce etc as mentioned but from my couple of goes at it i couldnt get anywhere near them
    Use the suggested tuning tips mate, full downforce, skid recovery on, oil change.

For me, it felt like i was getting nowhere, the first half of the lap (at least) I felt like I was only catching the back car, never mind overtaking them. However, once caught they're not too far ahead, all staggered pretty evenly. I got a 6.35 for my first lap and was in 5th i think, then 6.40 for the second and i came first by about 14 seconds i think. I'd say it took me about 4 attempts, but 2-3 of those were a race restart mid way through the first lap as i had a major spin out and lost a lot of time.

As for the chaparral, do you have the internet yet smudge? I'll get it across when you do after pjmspeedy.

pjmspeedy, the chaparral is unavailable at the moment, mates borrowing it etc. Will let you know in a few days when it's back.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Sorry pjm I still haven't got round to doing the last b spec historic race. Been focusing on doing seasonal events.. Will try tonight and let you know pal
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Crazzy88/S3RYE - no worries, appriciate the offer for it. Just let me know as and when and once I completed the race I'll send it straight back.

Still need an F1 if anyone got one ?

Interior Next!!

Status
    Crazzy88/S3RYE - no worries, appriciate the offer for it. Just let me know as and when and once I completed the race I'll send it straight back.

Still need an F1 if anyone got one ?
    the F1 you should buy as you can you it heavily in B Spec... and the F1 championship needs a day off work + diazepam, its so hard
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    the F1 you should buy as you can you it heavily in B Spec... and the F1 championship needs a day off work + diazepam, its so hard
    I'am in the middle of saving for one but taking ages. Need some new seasonal events to open up for some monies......

You say the F1 championship needs a day off work! how many races is it and how many laps do you have to do ??

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Season events 4 were uploaded this morning dude, so at least another 2+ million there for you...subject to how much you have to spend to win them, ha.

6th Gear

Status
    Fcuk sake i need internets so i can do these seasonal events!

Off ill today, so i might have a good sesh
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    I'am in the middle of saving for one but taking ages. Need some new seasonal events to open up for some monies......

You say the F1 championship needs a day off work! how many races is it and how many laps do you have to do ??
    its 5 races i think all 20 laps + weather conditions in championship...

i dont get why people are struggling with money.. ive got like 8mil and already spent 5mil on the F1 car, i even bought a SLR for fun from used car garage!! is your B spec being deprived??

mines a joke im level 23 and have had to do the like the wind circle race around 10 times so far just to try and level up to 24!! bit ridiculous but earns extra cash!!

happy theres some new seasonal events! such easy cash and XP!! hope they carry this on... wont have to do this endurance races! my mates already done 4 of them!!
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Season events 4 were uploaded this morning dude, so at least another 2+ million there for you...subject to how much you have to spend to win them, ha.
    Bonus.... cheers Crazzy, will switch it on tonight and give them a bash.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Fcuk sake i need internets so i can do these seasonal events!

Off ill today, so i might have a good sesh
    i would if i was you!! and yes get interent sorted as they only run two seasonal events at a time which means youve missed two if you aint had net from start!
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    its 5 races i think all 20 laps + weather conditions in championship...

i dont get why people are struggling with money.. ive got like 8mil and already spent 5mil on the F1 car, i even bought a SLR for fun from used car garage!! is your B spec being deprived??

mines a joke im level 23 and have had to do the like the wind circle race around 10 times so far just to try and level up to 24!! bit ridiculous but earns extra cash!!

happy theres some new seasonal events! such easy cash and XP!! hope they carry this on... wont have to do this endurance races! my mates already done 4 of them!!
    The seasonal events is helping me save some funds but taking ages to get enough for an F1 car. My B spec is on level 5! I just don't enjoy B spec at all. In all honesty, buying into the GT game/brand, you do it so you can race in the game ourselves not manage a driver to do them for you. For me the developers coped out on developing the game further and instead gave us B spec.

Interior Next!!

Status
    The seasonal events is helping me save some funds but taking ages to get enough for an F1 car. My B spec is on level 5! I just don't enjoy B spec at all. In all honesty, buying into the GT game/brand, you do it so you can race in the game ourselves not manage a driver to do them for you. For me the developers coped out on developing the game further and instead gave us B spec.
    thats why you are low on funds... i appreciate its boring but you win better cars on b spec and also earn a mint..you can do it without even watching it.. i sit there with the b spec driver going watching sky... and just flick between every so often...
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    thats why you are low on funds... i appreciate its boring but you win better cars on b spec and also earn a mint..you can do it without even watching it.. i sit there with the b spec driver going watching sky... and just flick between every so often...
    I'll might try setting it up and then go sit in the other room and watch tv.

On the endurance level in A spec, when you come to do the 24hrs can you not save at different points ? They don't expect you to race for 24hrs non stop do they???

Interior Next!!

Status
    I'll might try setting it up and then go sit in the other room and watch tv.

On the endurance level in A spec, when you come to do the 24hrs can you not save at different points ? They don't expect you to race for 24hrs non stop do they???
    nope but they expect you to leave your ps3 on for the full time it takes you! a joke i know... appparently on GT4 they had a "in race save option" but for some reason didnt think it would be a good idea on the new one?? ridiculous... my PS3 will prob overheat and die in the last hour... ive read in places on the net some people have had to have thier ps3's on for up to a week to complete them.. i know i will..
    S

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    nope but they expect you to leave your ps3 on for the full time it takes you! a joke i know... appparently on GT4 they had a "in race save option" but for some reason didnt think it would be a good idea on the new one?? ridiculous... my PS3 will prob overheat and die in the last hour... ive read in places on the net some people have had to have thier ps3's on for up to a week to complete them.. i know i will..
    Seriously what a joke! I can't imagine racing the Ring for 24hrs, even over a week! I best get some kind of extra fan hooked up to the mains then to keep the console cool, may melt the damn thing otherwise lol

Mellow Yellow

Status
    How about an ASN night online?

Psn: mickmartin

Interior Next!!

Status
    yeh sounds good to me!! should find a car we all have and have some open time trials... & then a race!

btw i completed the F1 Championship the other night... after 3 1/2 hours of blood and sweat i golded it!! managed 1st,1st,3rd,1st,1st,DNF and got gold!!

i was close to passing out at the end.. each race is around 25-30 mins long... and i found it hard! you need all driving aids on and remmeber to put ABS UP! i was on 3-4 i think to stop the back end stepping out under harsh braking.. the Monte carlo race is just a joke.. dont know how i managed 3rd even..

not gonna bother doing the other races in that championship for a long while!! all i have is Endurance really left in A-Spec now just B-Spec
    S

Mellow Yellow

Status
    I dread even starting that championship, Il get it done tonight at some point..........................Hopefully!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick a3 View Post
    I dread even starting that championship, Il get it done tonight at some point..........................Hopefully!
    good luck pal..
    S

2nd Gear

Status
    turn off the abs for the ovals thats why its hard because asm is naturally on causing the car to brake in corners.
    i like the drift events im in the top 200 in most of them