Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    There is supposed to be an update coming which will have online leaderboards , xp and credits.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    You know if yuo have prologue, can you transfer the license from there onto GT5???

Mellow Yellow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    You know if yuo have prologue, can you transfer the license from there onto GT5???
    doubt it mate.

Tried the mechanical failure update tonight online, you only stay damaged for about 15-20 seconds then it repairs

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick a3 View Post
    doubt it mate.

Tried the mechanical failure update tonight online, you only stay damaged for about 15-20 seconds then it repairs
    There is heavy damage as well where it doesnt repair itself you have to pit in to repair it you were in a game with light damage by the sounds of it.

Interior Next!!

Status
    im proper stuck with this game... i have 1,600,000Cr

i am level 21 Aspec and i cant compete with anything and all the cars racing are lilke 10-20,000,000Cr anyone further than me that can help?? wanna lend me a car?
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    im proper stuck with this game... i have 1,600,000Cr

i am level 21 Aspec and i cant compete with anything and all the cars racing are lilke 10-20,000,000Cr anyone further than me that can help?? wanna lend me a car?
    Have you got the jag off facebook? If not look further back in this thread and there is a link for info on how to get it. The game you get it off is a right pita as it keeps crashing but it works eventually and is well worth the effort as with a few mods its a very capable car.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bengal View Post
    Have you got the jag off facebook? If not look further back in this thread and there is a link for info on how to get it. The game you get it off is a right pita as it keeps crashing but it works eventually and is well worth the effort as with a few mods its a very capable car.
    Agree completely!!! The Jag is a great car for free, and very fast indeed. Sounds ace too.

6th Gear

Status
    *looks for cheats on the interwebs*
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Didn't know there was cheats! I'm on to it! Need this jag asap! Stuck doing b spec at the moment. This game frustrates me so much! As mentioned before I accidentally bought a Shelby!An I've just won one in b spec an i can't even sell it so I now have two!!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

6th Gear

Status
    Didn't know there was cheats! I'm on to it! Need this jag asap! Stuck doing b spec at the moment. This game frustrates me so much! As mentioned before I accidentally bought a Shelby!An I've just won one in b spec an i can't even sell it so I now have two!!
    Feel free to give me one

Smudge90

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Feel free to give me one

Smudge90
    Wanna do some sort of swap? I really need a race car. I got that jag but it's pretty **** tbh!!
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Wanna do some sort of swap? I really need a race car. I got that jag but it's pretty **** tbh!!
    I have nothing that you would want :lol:

If you havent done so already, do the last level on the rally on the special races, takes about half an hour but earns you 200k when you win, and it's piss easy if you get the Citroen C4 rally car

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    I have nothing that you would want :lol:

If you havent done so already, do the last level on the rally on the special races, takes about half an hour but earns you 200k when you win, and it's piss easy if you get the Citroen C4 rally car
    Not to worry fella! Won a sick car last night. Furai concept. Best handling car!!
    S

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Not to worry fella! Won a sick car last night. Furai concept. Best handling car!!
    How did you win that? I've heard it's a brilliant car!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    How did you win that? I've heard it's a brilliant car!!!
    unfortunately B spec... basically i totally ignored B spec didnt even click into it.. got my A spec to level 18-19 and then the penny dropped... sacrafice a little enjoyment for some boredom and you have twice as much income and extra cars to keep/trade.. + you win different cars in B spec

to win the car i think its achieing level 9 or 10 you get a free ticket and thats the car... go get it very advisable... most capable car ive driven yet without crippling the bank balance...
    S

Neutral

Status
    To win the furai you have to win the roadster race in b-spec, level 6 i think

6th Gear

Status
    I wanna get one of the Tommy Kaira's

I remember those cars being unbeatable in GT4, plus the look gorgeous!

I'll be back!!!

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    ******** one of those came up in my used garage, should I have bought it?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    ******** one of those came up in my used garage, should I have bought it?
    YES!!! I remember it being unstoppable in GT4

Think it was close to 800bhp with the stage 3 turbo kit, yet i handled like an Elise. You could get insane speeds out of it as well:

I'll be back!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Oooo!! I saw a "Suzuki Escudo Race Car" the other day, was quick, but no match for my 900bhp Viper

I'll be back!!!

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Oooo!! I saw a "Suzuki Escudo Race Car" the other day, was quick, but no match for my 900bhp Viper
    Is that on the like the wind race? I have seen it on there myself its also alot faster when tuned. Is the viper good for that race? Im struggling to find a quick enough car for the oval race the best i can get is 7th place and then i get bored and drive around the wrong way for a full head on collision

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bengal View Post
    Is that on the like the wind race? I have seen it on there myself its also alot faster when tuned. Is the viper good for that race? Im struggling to find a quick enough car for the oval race the best i can get is 7th place and then i get bored and drive around the wrong way for a full head on collision

Ye i used the viper for those races

I'll be back!!!

Mellow Yellow

Status
    what level you all at on both a and b spec ? I'm 24 on "a" and 18 on "b". Liked the update today with the online dealership, Finally i can get a hold of a formula turismo car.

6th Gear

Status
    what level you all at on both a and b spec ? I'm 24 on "a" and 18 on "b". Liked the update today with the online dealership, Finally i can get a hold of a formula turismo car.
    24 on a spec and only 7 on b spec

These interior pics are insane

I'll be back!!!

Mellow Yellow

Status
    Are they off them top 50 interior pics, i remember seeing the pace notes one. Theres a cracking video on youtube of a dude rolling his car and landing it on top of another car doing about 150mph on daytona and he sticks to it like glue.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I bought a Gallardo the other day and tuned it nicely and purchased Soft-Race tyres to go with it, it handled really well and had great turn in but last night I did the GT championship in Professional so I could win the Veyron and I did but....... my Lambo was a really pain to get it to turn in.

I noticed before that when you have racing softs they were a blue colour but now there no longer blue more of a white (meaning there cold I guess) Why....has something happened ????I just don't understand as it was great the day before!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

6th Gear

Status
    Are they off them top 50 interior pics, i remember seeing the pace notes one. Theres a cracking video on youtube of a dude rolling his car and landing it on top of another car doing about 150mph on daytona and he sticks to it like glue.
    Link to video?

Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    I bought a Gallardo the other day and tuned it nicely and purchased Soft-Race tyres to go with it, it handled really well and had great turn in but last night I did the GT championship in Professional so I could win the Veyron and I did but....... my Lambo was a really pain to get it to turn in.

I noticed before that when you have racing softs they were a blue colour but now there no longer blue more of a white (meaning there cold I guess) Why....has something happened ????I just don't understand as it was great the day before!
    Are you sure you didn't enter a race with a tyre restriction?

The tyres start off dark blue, and get a lighter blue/white as they warm up

I'll be back!!!

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Iv seen this too cba to put a link up though

Maybe tyre wear has been implemented with the new update but i dont know tbh.

Im loving the new update. Im thinking its just the start of more good things to come and i cant wait to see what else they put in.

Mellow Yellow

Status
    Cant seem to find that video mate, il have another look later.

The lambo's' are poor on Gt5, Ive got the gallardo with about 750 bhp and it corners like a steamroller,I had to ultra fine tune mine to win the B spec gallardo trophy.

heres a couple of tips:

Always change you oil after every race, it can give you upto 50bhp extra
    After tuning a new or used car, take it a practice and your supposed to do at least 200 miles to break it in and the bhp will creep up. (I do about 10 laps of daytona then get bored)
    Enter any license then quit it, this will change your used car dealership.....Supposedly doing this 6 times refresh' the whole garage.

The blue just the heat of your tyres, When you put tyre wear on the little bar gradually moves down(like on mobile phone battery symbol)on each tyre.

5th Gear

Status
    The Gallardo and Murcielago are a bit understeery in standard spec as you'd expect being 4wd, unless you lift off suddently while turning in.
    Easily solved with Racing Suspension and a stiffer rear set up about 20 % on the springs 1 level stiffer on dampers and more rear power bias. My LP560 and 670SV handle so neutral now.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    the Murcielago SV blah blah blah is pretty chuffing awesome

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    the Murcielago SV blah blah blah is pretty chuffing awesome
    I'm saving for the SV but need to buy a 430 Scuderia first so I can enter the Ferrari race in Pro and finish that whole section off.

What other Ferrari's have people bought to do this race ?
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

Interior Next!!

Status
    I'm saving for the SV but need to buy a 430 Scuderia first so I can enter the Ferrari race in Pro and finish that whole section off.

What other Ferrari's have people bought to do this race ?
    A-Spec or B-Spec?

for A-Spec i had a 430 Scuderia which i tuned to around 650Hp... but it wont do the job in B-Spec only managed bronze against the two Enzos.. Might have to buy and Enzo for it

hows everyone finding the new seasonal events?? i managed to level up from 23 to 25 in about an hour ive now got about 5,200,000 Cr and am contenplating buying a GT F1 car... but i still need to do the american championship, Nascar series and dream car championship... oh and that stupid Historic race car thing i still havent done!!!
    B- Spec is really starting to piss me off now too.. way too long winded!!
    S

6th Gear

Status
    My B spec driver is a twat he can't keep a car on the track for more than 2 corners! Even when his "agression" is on the blue he can't control a fcuking 120bhp Mazda 110 from the 70's!!

I'll be back!!!

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    A-Spec or B-Spec?

for A-Spec i had a 430 Scuderia which i tuned to around 650Hp... but it wont do the job in B-Spec only managed bronze against the two Enzos.. Might have to buy and Enzo for it
    I was on about A Spec. I'll save for an Enzo then, thanks for the tip.

My B spec driver is a twat he can't keep a car on the track for more than 2 corners! Even when his "agression" is on the blue he can't control a fcuking 120bhp Mazda 110 from the 70's!!
    What is the secret with B Spec races then as my driver does exactly the same and I just give up cause he can't stay on the track!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    YouTube - GT5 auto-pilot! video of GTR sticking to Gallardo love how the gallardo is slowed down by the added weight haha! and the GTR doinf 150mph in R

yeh B spec takes some time to get the driver good and some patience... word of advice, dont put him in bad handling cars e.g high powered twitchy cars... once hes over level12-13 hes starts to really improve...

not sure how true this is but my bro reckons once you get your B-Spec high you have to have two drivers for driver swaps so might have to start building up another driver... although this should be quite easy to level him up by putting him in a higher level event to gain bigger exp...

gonna do my first endurance race tonight
    S

Mellow Yellow

Status
    I bought the 458 Italia for the ferrari races ,mines is tuned to around 760 bhp. B spec is simple until expert series, I'm on " like the wind" and tyre wear and fuel have have kicked in so you need to pit.

I've got 5 b spec drivers, you don't need to change drivers in a race yet......pretty sure you do in the endurance races. Along as you choose the right tyres and car b specs easy , I've walked away and left him racing, now the races are Upto 14 laps you have to keep an eye on them and keep them cool.

Game is way too addictive.

Interior Next!!

Status
    I bought the 458 Italia for the ferrari races ,mines is tuned to around 760 bhp. B spec is simple until expert series, I'm on " like the wind" and tyre wear and fuel have have kicked in so you need to pit.

I've got 5 b spec drivers, you don't need to change drivers in a race yet......pretty sure you do in the endurance races. Along as you choose the right tyres and car b specs easy , I've walked away and left him racing, now the races are Upto 14 laps you have to keep an eye on them and keep them cool.

Game is way too addictive.
    5!! jealous! for some reason it didnt occur to me to add another??

game is too addictive, my relationship is starting to suffer... reckon my mrs feels like theres someone new in my life.. sounds sad but its true..
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Has anyone managed that classic race yet!?

I keep looking out for the Chaparral (sp) cars in the used dealership to use them, but never seen one in there

I'll be back!!!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    No signs of an S3 yet, so ended up buying an RS6 Avant, fairly tuned up with about 587bhp, then I saw the collectors garage and saw I could have got a 25th anni Countach for less money!!!

Ah well, start saving again...

Any tips for making some easy money (in the game....lol)