Upgrading to "LIVE" Release 10.6 - Now wont load

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just booted up the laptop, and I got a pop up telling me a new release of VCDS is available, do I want it......

So I ran the update process, all seemed ok until you come to run it; get the following error; (asking to upload it)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\WER42F8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAAB1.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB01E.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice ? Kicking myself. Had 908.1 and it worked fine, Why did I update. If it aint broke, dont fix it :(

Can't download 908.1 now either

Just remove all vcds installs & restart then reinstall, installed myself & works 100% as long as you have a genuine interface. :)

Always best to update as it updates importnat label files aswell mate.

Just remove all vcds installs & restart then reinstall, installed myself & works 100% as long as you have a genuine interface. :)

Always best to update as it updates importnat label files aswell mate.

Already tried that mate, Checked the registry for entries too. Sill wont load the app :(

Just read on Ross-Tech FAQ that it doesn't like Zonealarm. So disabled that and tried running again........... STILL no joy.

You dont have a copy of 908.1 handy do you ?

Disabled or removed Zone?

TBH mate I used to run Zone with vcds with no issues some while back, why not remove it full stop & use say Microsoft Security Essentials, works very well indeed.

Did you delete your temp files aswell as a search for VCDS & delete any associated files/folders?

Disabled or removed Zone?

TBH mate I used to run Zone with vcds with no issues some while back, why not remove it full stop & use say Microsoft Security Essentials, works very well indeed.

Did you delete your temp files aswell as a search for VCDS & delete any associated files/folders?

I had shut it down...........

Sorted now, I had to run dependency checker on Zonealarm to find out what other exe's and dll's I needed to end task on. It now works fine.

Not using Microsoft Security Essentials, last time I used that, I got a "Windows is not Genuine" message..............

Would that be because its not genuine :p