Cannot code in new key

Ryanmt

Reaction score
Audi Avant 8E0 1.8T 190 quattro.

Trying to program a new B7 key, so far I have tried coding it and clearing the existing keys and nothing seems to happen

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html

I have been following this

went to module 46.

[10 - adaption]
entered 000, reset to factory, press save.

goto meas blocks - 007

and its still got code 1100 in and the fobs still work.

If i try to just code the new key i goto adaption and then channel 21.

Enter 3 (memory position 3 and click test

Do i need to login to make these changes, if so what is my code.

Last edited:
What is your old key part no. & whats the new one?

original is

8Z0 837 231 D 433.92MHz

The b7 key is from an A3

8P0 837 220 D 434MHz

I was messing with the spare key trying the coding process and managed to code that into a memory position i wanted, so its gone from 1100 to 0110.

I still cannot clear all saved keys though which is odd.

I have just ordered another b7 key, this ones 433mHZ (8e0 837 220 Q)

A3 key wont work on A4 even if same freq, tested this with mate, you need the right key which is what you've now ordered, these do work as tested with him also & you're lucky as there was a key change in 02/03 which if your B6 fell on the older 02 key wouldnt have worked with the B7 keys without upgrading other modules, should be fine.

I suspected that was the case so thanks for confirming it, at least i know the new key is good for the job when it arrives. it was a bit of an impulse buy last night.. not too bad at £18 delivered :)

The old keys back on ebay, i also got bored and fitted a blue LED to replace the red one (very easy mod)

I'm still abit confused as why i cant wipe the existing keys though! Is it just a quirk of the module i have / vcds?

Last edited:
Try selecting key position & then hitting test/save without pressing a key button, as I seem to recall similar issue but we did it differently.

You can also try overwriting existing positions with a key, then this should move it from eg. 1100 to say 0110, then just use the 1 key to go along & it should empty a position & leave you with say just 1 position in use, do you get me?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Comfort_System#Coding