Using VCDS to give quarter mile / 0-60 times

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
not sure if there's already plenty of this sort of thing about, but having a play with my vag-com i decided to do a run whilst logging engine speed and road speed, then put it all into excel to see what it can tell you...

as far as i can see the calculations are all good, accuracy down to sample rate, etc i guess.

so looking at the sample file, i cut n pasted in my data (starting with the last row with zero speed, ending with the highest speed) into the yellow section, and all the orange is what has been worked out.

can change the distance (1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 400m, custom, etc) and it also outputs zero-to-whatever times (0-60, 0-100, etc, can use either mph or kph)

as you can see, my run could have been a lot quicker, bogged down 800/900rpm or so at the start, and gear changes prob cost me quite a bit of time too, but i wasn't really trying at the time...

feel free to download and input your own data, and let me know if you find it useful or can offer any improvements!! will do one for decceleration if i get the time :)

download here (only 27kb) - http://www.mediafire.com/?k2nzjidi3yw

Last edited:
ha ha no i wasn't aware! ah well. i was using version 409.1, cant say i remember seeing an acceleration option.
suppose mine still shows up my slow gear changes!

409 definitely does not have that feature. It was introduced in 8XX if memory serves. You app will work for those who do not have a full VCDS system.