Coding for side mirrors (Dimming + electro folding)

nectop

Reaction score
At last I have retrofited electric folding mirrors with auto dimming feature. But now, I can't get it to work. I have also changed whole drivers door panel with control unit of drivers seat and control of the mirrors. Can anyone advice witch coding I need?

What have you done so far, wiring, module change etc, to the letter aswell.

I only change the stock mirrors to mirrors from Audi S$ that has auto dimming and electro folding feature and also heated. That's it. I saw, that in door controller has letter "G" at the end that deems to be fine for electro folding feature.

Did you code it, change your mirror knob, add additional wires, check both door modules are a G or change to a G.

What version vagcom are you running?

I don't know how to code. I use to have G from stock. I didn't add any wires.
My VAGCOM is 805.

So have you spoken to your genuine vagcom supplier to help you advise how to code?

If you were able to wire your headlights 100% then you should be able to find out what extra wiring is needed for your mirrors as the headlights are more work than mirrors trust me as done a few now.

I suggest you go read your wiring schematics, add the wires then talk to your vagcom supplier to advise how to code, then what you cant get working come back here for advise.

Well. Unfortunately, the guy who helped me with headlights were unable to help me with mirrors. With AFS he just re-pin the AFS controller that's it!
He told me, that I need seat memory controller, I'm working on retrofit Recaro electric seats but I'm waiting for a harness to get it to work. So I really need to wait for a harness or I can get them to work? Do I need to re-pin or just recode? Or I need additional wiring?

Huh, need seat memory controller, what a load of rubbish, dimming/folding has nothing to do with memory seats & I can say that with 100% certainty.

Your vagcom isnt genuine is it.

As I already advised, you need to add more wiring, change your door mirror switch & code the door modules, if your rear view mirror auto dimming aswell currently?

My current mirrors wasn't auto -dimming.
And I changed whole door trim, now I have it with right switch.
My Vag-Com isn't genuine it's true.
Are you sure about wiring? So I need to add them from door controller to central electronics?
My vag com doesn't seem to "see" door electronics, or you mean central electronics module? What coding do I need? Maybe I can just try coding prerior to adding wires?

I just checked in ETKA the original car, have the same wiring inside drivers and passanger door. So are you sure I need to add wiring?

ETKA doesnt show you the wiring schematics at all & yes I'm sure, why would I tell you any different, I've done this myself a number of times so I know what I'm talking about.

Ok, could you please post the pins and wiring I need.
Thank you.

Is your rear view center mirror auto dimming already before you changed anything?

I suggest you get elsawin as I cant list every single wiring thing on this thread.

Your dimming sides relies on the dimming center mirror, you have to run 2 wires from each side mirror to the center mirror which shares the same 2 pins on the center mirror, this doesnt need coding, just wiring.

Folding relies on a wire from the correct door switch to the drivers door module, iirc pin 4 of the mirror switch to the door module, it may already be there, but best to check, then turn on folding in the door modules, vagcom advises what to code.

Thank you.
I'm still confused. I seem to can't find door module in VAGCOM. Which # could you please advice?