AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Frank and Beans...............

Status

HELP !! OEM Bluetooth into my RNS-E and Phonebook wont read from phone !!

I've managed to connect up my Nokia N86 and it reads all the contacts and puts it into the phonebook, although it puts it" Surname First" which i'm not best pleased with......... maybe thats just my OCD kicking in.

Its my Mrs phone thats the issue here. She has a Samsung Tocco Ultra, thing is, when it tries to read her contacts, all the entries come up like this;

Anybody got an idea why it says this ???
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Try checking the audi BT is authorised in the handset BT settings as although you paired, it may not authorise each time, try things like remote sim as my tocco seemed to work better with this enabled in handset.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Try checking the audi BT is authorised in the handset BT settings as although you paired, it may not authorise each time, try things like remote sim as my tocco seemed to work better with this enabled in handset.
    Bluetooth is Auto Authorised in her Phone BT Settings and Remote SIM is enabled but its still not showing the contacts

Anymore idea's ??
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Of top of my head, where are her contacts stored, sim or handset phonebook, swap them round & see if this makes any difference, assume you've removed the pairing, then repaired, could try & recode of modules, although some may say it wont help, it certainly wont hurt it either as modules do get there pants in a twist sometimes that we cant explain.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Of top of my head, where are her contacts stored, sim or handset phonebook, swap them round & see if this makes any difference, assume you've removed the pairing, then repaired, could try & recode of modules, although some may say it wont help, it certainly wont hurt it either as modules do get there pants in a twist sometimes that we cant explain.
    Have tried contacts on the SIM & on the Phone, changing the Memory in Use from SIM, to Phone, to SIM & Phone and tried both secure & unsecure Bluetooth, & remote sim enabled & disabled. Have always told her she chooses crap phones ! She only got it cos it's Pink !!! Women !! lol

Guess I'm just gonna have to enter all the contacts into the directory !

What do you mean by "recoding the module" ??
    Mk5 Golf R32

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Did you get anywhere with this, have you tried the handset with a fellow forum members BT unit in another car?

Recode the BT module with vagcom to see if this makes any difference as sometimes units can act funny, probably wont make any difference mate but all things I'd check/try.

Status
    Not yet, been a bit busy tbh mate with our little'n

Probably gonna be meeting up with pjmspeedy soon so might try in his cab with it.

Another option I've been considering is a firmware upgrade for her phone. I've also since discovered that Samsungs have a lot of hidden menus, I.e. Maintenance menu's etc.

Don't worry, not quite given up just yet ;-)
    Mk5 Golf R32

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I used to get my FW from http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/ & each one has been great & fixed issues when the original Tocco came out, fantastic handset & still is, even my iphone doesnt beat that handset.

Also this site & specifically link to your handset FW http://samsungflash.webs.com/apps/wiki/sgh-s8300