VAG Com chinese version...is it worth it?

Chlippo

Reaction score
as the title states...
Is it worth it buying one? anyone have any experience with this
I think it doesnt cost much and it can be useful

If you plan to keep your car a while and do you own mods/servicing/repairs then the £200 odd for a genuine VCDS lead is the best investment you can make... you can save a couple of quid by buying the KII-USB lead rather than the CAN-HEX as 8L A3/S3 uses K-line communications not CAN. You can then either upgrade to a CAN-HEX at a later date should you buy a newer car with proper CAN or resell the VCDS lead on ebay and get a fair chunk of cash back.

<tuffty/>

you mean a chinese cable with a shareware version of vagcom. Its not impossible to make it a 'fully registered' version without a genuine cable...

But saying that, £200 isnt a large price to pay as they will charge you £40 to link your car up in audi.

you mean a chinese cable with a shareware version of vagcom. Its not impossible to make it a 'fully registered' version without a genuine cable...

But saying that, £200 isnt a large price to pay as they will charge you £40 to link your car up in audi.

I use one of these cables, and have been since God was a boy. No problems to report as yet so for the money they get my vote! Shareware VAG COM is plop though...

i have a 22 quid cable from bestofferbuy (china) VCDS 805.1 and works fine on my 2004 A3