Problem doing steering angle sensor.

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I hope someone can help.
A month or so ago, i fitted cruise control and full dis. I did this steering sensor calibration and all was well. I'm sure i logged in using 40168.

Today, i took off my sccm (L) and replaced with my old sccm (Q) so i can fit a multi function steering wheel.
The Q had been on my car before obviously, but still needed coding in.
Steering wheel functions worked fine.
But i could not get it to calibrate the G85.

After much trying i realised i hadn't put the steering sensor on the back of the slipring onto the new one. So i swapped it over. Still no luck.
So I put it back to exactly how it was this morning before i started.
But still cannot get it to code. Some times it shows up all the details of the sensor in 001. Mostly it shows ERROR, but never says calibrated or anything. Never confirms.
These are the codes i am getting.
I'm not sure what coding should be in there. It's always been 00000.
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 517 A
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP allrad D620
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent

Please help.
Its a Y reg, 2001 2.5 sport quattro saloon.

Been out, after putting the login a few times. It says OK in the status bit. But still showing BRAKE in the centre of the dash. It's certainly something you can't just drive off.

I eventually realised that! But it wasn't the issue. Not sure what was

You will have errors showing until you also clear the error thrown under engine 01, this will throw when there is a code thrown in abs 03, so once abs 03 coding etc is fixed then delete the error in 01 & you should be good to go.

Hi all,

sorry to open up an old post but it's pretty much the same thing with mine...

a4 1.9 tdi... fitted cruise and that works ok, had to buy the control module with 'N' as the last figure. however, i have 'Brake' and esp/abs warning lights on now. I fault checked and comes up with:
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent

What do I need to do to solve this?? I've only just got VCDS so I am still learning!!

Cheers,

Dan