Coding RNS-E

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got my rns-e in today, coded it to my car. It was coded to a A6.
The navigation appears in the DIS, then if i turn off my ignition and back on. It doesn't show.
If i got into navigation, and tell it to do a reset. It then works fine, till it turn off and restart.

Any ideas?

Eh? most of them you have to turn it off then on again to get it to display in the dis! are you saying its the other way round on yours?

I'm saying when i reset the unit using vagcom, it works with my dis. But when i turn off my ignition and take out my keys. When i put my keys back in and turn on the ignition, it no longer shows in my dis.

I'm saying when i reset the unit using vagcom, it works with my dis. But when i turn off my ignition and take out my keys. When i put my keys back in and turn on the ignition, it no longer shows in my dis.

yep, thats the norm for retro fit mate. just turn it off and back on again and it will magically reappear!! I was thinking of coding mine to not power on with the ignition so you have to manually turn it on when you start the car so it will display straight away.....

Ah thats good then! Cheers bud.
Next question then.
I can't get my cd changer to work...

I've coded it to accept the cd changer, but it won't let me select the cds. I have a cd changer i beleive is supported.

ca't help on this one buddy...never had one in mine just used the sd slots...someone will be in with an answer soon though...