Changing Volume of Parking Aid warning beeps

comc

VW-7 Audi-2
Reaction score
My problem is that if I have my stereo volume up then it can be difficult to hear the beeps (maybe i am playing my music too loud :music:), and i cant be bothered with having to turn the volume down mid-reverse to try to hear the beeps better.

Has anyone tried changing the volume of the parking aid warning beeps? I think it is possible according to the Ross Tech manuals.

Thanks.

I am going to try this myself tomorrow. I agree they are to quite.

Someone has done it, and turned them up the max, but they still are not loud enough.

Will give it a go tomorrow anyway :)

I also wonder what the default setting is when you interrogate with vcds.
Let me know how you get on with it.

I've mine a full volume & its not that loud if you have music on. IIRC, 9 is the highest setting on VCDS.

Yes the tone & volume can be changed but doesnt help if listening to a cool tune, I always reverse into my parking spot & everytime I have to lower volume, gets on my nerves.

I made an auto mute relay pcb that taps into the inline wires from amp tp speakers when stuck in reverse, I have yet to wire it in, but it basically removes one leg of the speaker wires & allows the center dash speaker to still work for say the telephone & speakers return to full use when taken out of reverse, one of many mods to finish, but made the pcb just have to fit when this rain stops.

Why oh why audi didnt include this option within coding, as the BT unit sends a can signal to the rns to mute when using your phone, if we could grab that signal & then shove it on the network when reversing then all be good, but problem there would be if you're on a call at same time as reversing, can the canbus signal tell which speakers to mute & ones to not, vag wisdom huh, nottttttttttt

Yeah perfect for our missus's huh, Nah I like my alcantara seats thanks.

tee hee...i think we are getting a bit off-topic with that last reply. My brother-in-law had a 54-plate Octavia previously which had the ability to mute the head unit whilst reversing. Granted he did not have phone prep. I wonder if there could be anything adaptable from that set up that would help an install in our cars??????

Yeah you could signal the phone mute on the head units, but problem is when you have oem BT installed & rns, the rns-e seems to disable the mute pin completely, as I already thought about this, tested & didnt work, only way to do is to cut the feed to amp etc but I wnated best of both worlds so if I'm on a call, I still have 1 speaker working.

Well with the help of Sno this afternoon(thanks again mate) and his vcds gadget i have altered the volume from a lowly 4 (IIRC) to the max at 9 and it has made enough of a difference to keep me happy!

76 is the parking aid and buzzer volume is channel 1

Also dependent on your car & cluster, you may have the features in your DIS menu as the 8P has for buzzer tone & volume, from about 06/07 onwards iirc.