Immo recoding problems

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok i have an ancient inherited 312 Vagcom on the laptop i bought from the 'Bay many moons ago and want to add an alternative ECU to my immo2 1999 A4.

I have the 4 pin SKC and login no problems, i can adapt the dash to the new ECU and the immo light goes out.

I try to start the car and it shows classic immo problems, upon reading the codes i find the dash is clear by the ECU shows immo prevented engine start.

I followed this to the letter, http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/immobilizer2.html

The same proceedure worked when i recoded the same ECU to my 1998 car, which i assume is immo1.

Is there something i am missing? Or are the later non serial cables able to do things that this one cannot?

Ok went through the procedure with a later VCDS Ver 805.4 and the same results. The immo light goes out, but the car will not continue to run.

I am going to try an ECU reset first and try the dash again, see what difference it makes if any.

Any input would be appreciated

Are immo 1 & 2 components compatible mate & dont know if the key immo chip is an issue here aswell, I looked into immo versions ages ago & its such a minefield mate I tell yer, some real anomolies cropped up for me like a B7 key was coded into a B6 car namely my S4 even though they shouldnt work apparently.