ABS/ESP LIGHTS ON

mike-turbo

Reaction score
Hi can someone point me in the right direction as i need to clear these codes as my mot is weeks away.my car is a audi s3 8l 03 reg bam engine. the codes i am getting are
00285 abs wheel sensor:front right sensor(G45) 35.00

01316 abs control modual 79-10 intermittent
the thing is i have bought two new wheel sensors and made no differents.And also sent my abs control unit off two have it checked of a cost of £100 two say it was all ok.now i have refitted it all iam still getting these codes and they won't clear.any idea's.

i would of thought you'd have been able to clear the ABS control module fault bcoz its showing as intermittent. have you tried clearing them seperatly as appose to selecting CLEAR ALL DTC'S???

Also have you even checked the loom before changing sensors & having abs controller checked?

yes i can clear the abs modual but when i log back in it is back on there.as for the front abs sensor it will not clear.so iam going to test the wires at the abs wheel sensor tonight.

Brake dust collects around the sensor, so its not beyond possibility its got crap in the connector or loom has over time become damaged or just wear/tear, certainly something to check mate huh given rest has been checked.

I've checked the plug that is connected to the front right wheel sensor, i put a multimetor on it and it reads nothing no volts at at all.what should it read?

Check the working side mate then compare.