Chris NottBadger5
    Learning the VAG way

Status

Question Help needed with vag com unit off ebay

Can somebody point me in the right direction.

I am trying to get my vag com to work on my laptop i have installed the software that came with the unit but when i come to the option screen it can not find the usb interface and says the usb interface is not digitally signed to the computer.

this is the unit i bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I hope you can understand

thanks rob

2. # ADS
    ADS

Learning the VAG way

Status
    Can anyone help?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The problem is you bought a cheap one & most likely the drivers dont like the cable or the cable is goosed, sorry cant help further, I sell the genuine kits in case interested that will always work, albeit at a higher price, but get what you pay for is the key here mate

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Learning the VAG way

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The problem is you bought a cheap one & most likely the drivers dont like the cable or the cable is goosed, sorry cant help further, I sell the genuine kits in case interested that will always work, albeit at a higher price, but get what you pay for is the key here mate
    thats for the reply mate i thought that would be the case looks like i will have to give it my bro to see if he can do anything about it.

pm on its way to NHN

pdt
    Reverse Gear

Status
    hey rob

with these sort of things, I would not trust any of the dodgy stuff off eBay.
    I bought my cable from NHN recently - opened the box, downloaded the software and was up and running in minutes -- no fecking about with anything.

I even have it running on Mac OSX!

Spend the money - it is worth every bit - especially compared to what you can pay for service items etc...
    The dodgy gear is like having a supermodel girlfriend and never being able to shag it!

pdt.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    hey rob

with these sort of things, I would not trust any of the dodgy stuff off eBay.
    I bought my cable from NHN recently - opened the box, downloaded the software and was up and running in minutes -- no fecking about with anything.

I even have it running on Mac OSX!

Spend the money - it is worth every bit - especially compared to what you can pay for service items etc...
    The dodgy gear is like having a supermodel girlfriend and never being able to shag it!

pdt.
    Couldnt say it better myself & without blowing my own trumpet, the genuine kit just works & if we were to compare the cost of the audi equivalent which is 5-10k & then also the audi hourly rates the price for this unit is pittance, really justifies itself within 10 minutes of usage IMHO.

Also given some of those birds are like twiglets, you'd be worried about breaking the woman, lol, although the Victorias Secret show I watch every year is outstanding, truly, phoarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Learning the VAG way

Status
    Well got it to work finally with a little help from my bro. main reason it did not is because the usb drivers where out of date and would not reconise the unit.

Just need to figure out how to use it now.