Need Help using 409.1 on B5

gmx

Reaction score
I've aquired a fully activated version with the blue ebay cable.

Car is a AJL 1.8T
I can't log blocks or even get a group reading - the same groups/blocks others are using.

004 doesn't give me IATs
003 gives me two temperature readings but i have no idea what they are.

020 gives me nothing related to timing

031 is completely blank

115 & 118 say "error N/A" etc

Is there a separate fundamental when logging a 558DA ECU, 1.8T, AJL car????

It's bugging me for a long time and I can't figure out what's going on...

hmmmm there is no such "full activiated" 409.1 version of vagcom. I suspect some one has sold you a dodgy copy. Non genuine cables/software seem to be very error prone when trying to connect to various modules in the car.

To add to this, if you rename the label file for the 558E to DA you will find it will give you some explanation as to what you are looking at.

The other blocks are not available to us same as the AEB ECUs. the range ends at 30 iirc,so we cant log boost / timing the same as the US guys

Need Help using 409.1 on B5

I've aquired a fully activated version with the blue ebay cable.

The only way to get a fully activated version of 409.1 is to purchase a license from Ross-Tech for $99. If you have a "fully activated" version, then you have an illegal copy of our software and as such, this conversation will end.

You can determine whether you have the shareware version of the product or a full version by looking at the About screen. It will state which version you are using. If does not say Shareware and you have not paid Ross-Tech the $99 for a license, then it is an illegal copy.

Anyone who buys an aftermarket wire and wants to run a full version of VAG-COM 409 can do so by purchasing a license. With a full version, you can access all measuring blocks and all features that were present in the nearly 6 year old software.

I bought the laptop with it(from another VAG owner). When I click about, it says fully registered/activated or something like that. But had my own cable before I aquired the laptop.
I'm going to borrow my sisters and just try the shareware version.

So for us 558DA guys, what CAN we log?
The only thing I've come across useful is 003 (for IAT)
& 024 for Knock Reg & ignition timing (BTDC)

I just tried the shareware version, same thing.

Different out of whack blocks, probably a feature of 558DA ECU!

Is there any other program out there I can use to log or does this ECU simply not have the features?

so this means VAG COM is useless for 558DA Boxes