No Response From ABS controller?

ssbnreso

Reaction score
Ran a fault code check on my '97 a3 1.8 as abs light had come on. Showed a fault with front nearside sensor.

Replaced this and now when i plug the vag com cable in in cannot connect/find the abs controller?

Could the two be connected?

:sorry:

Got power to the ABS controller? Did you check the fuse? Could be that the ABS module went belly up. Did you do anything else when this happened? Could a wire have been damaged during the install of the sensor?

Thanks or the reply.

fuses all ok. simply changed the sensor nothing else!
now abs light still on and big red brake warning light on in central display, this only comes on when you drive away?

Post an autoscan of the car - maybe that will give us some clues. Also, go the [Options] screen and perform [Test]. Report what you learn from the test. Last, tell us the type of interface and the version of the software you are using. Maybe something in that will give us a clue that might help.

Post an autoscan of the car - maybe that will give us some clues. Also, go the [Options] screen and perform [Test]. Report what you learn from the test. Last, tell us the type of interface and the version of the software you are using. Maybe something in that will give us a clue that might help.

Hello, this is the autoscan results:

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Chassis Type: 8L - Audi A3/S3
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,22,35,37,45,54,55,56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine
Controller: 06A 906 018 C
Component: 1,8l R4/5V MOTR HS V05
Coding: 04000
Shop #: WSC 06313
1 Fault Found:
17936 - Camshaft Timing Adj. Bank1 (N205): Open Circuit
P1528 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0000
Skipping Address 15-Airbags
Address 17: Instruments
Controller: 8L0 919 930 A
Component: AB-KOMBIINSTR. VDO D15
Coding: 04442
Shop #: WSC 00000
IMMO-IDENTNR: AUZ7Z0T0059548
No fault code found.

Did a test and that came back as ok port found etc

Cable is a blue one from ebay and vagcom is the shareware version 409.1-s

I'd ran test before and it picked up abs module no bother hence how i found out about sensor

Thanks for your help:icon_thumright:

The test should have indicated K1 ok, K2 ok - did it? I don't know that I would say the ABS controller is toast based on this scan and your aftermarket wire. Why don't you see if you can find someone with one of our genuine RT interfaces running a full version of the program. If it will not talk to the ABS, then we might be talking toast.

Last edited:
HI,
Ran test again result as follows~:

Port status:OK
Interface: Found!
Type: Serial Pass-Through
Opto/Iso: No
Ross-tech Design: No

Went through all the other modules ie engine, centrol locking, instruments, immobilizer etc and it reads these all ok?

It's only the ABS module that it gets no response from?

Once again thanks for your help!

I would disconnect the repaired abs sensor & see if the controller works then, as this is the last action you did on the car before it went tits up, could be a short on that sensor connection thats knocking or knocked out your abs controller mate.

I would disconnect the repaired abs sensor & see if the controller works then, as this is the last action you did on the car before it went tits up, could be a short on that sensor connection thats knocking or knocked out your abs controller mate.

Will give it a go:o.k:

Well got it sorted

Don't know what i did but both lights are now out and abs controller is talking again

Just took fuses out and diconnected ecu and pluged back in!:rockwoot:

Showing a intermittent fault on right front sensor now though (changed left)

Think i'll leave it for the minute unless orange abs light comes on. Don't want to tempt fate:happy:

Check the connections & clean up all the abs sensors, brake dust clogs around sensor & can inadvertedly cause errors at times, you should rectify the right side now mate not later as if thats not working properly, it could make the whole system function incorrectly.

Check the connections & clean up all the abs sensors, brake dust clogs around sensor & can inadvertedly cause errors at times, you should rectify the right side now mate not later as if thats not working properly, it could make the whole system function incorrectly.

Ordered one today :beerchug: