No response from controller

brissett

Reaction score
having bought a cable from NHN which im very happy about, i've just tried to use it for the first time to see what the crack is. I own a 59 a3 8p black edition and thought i;d try to get the chirp when i lock and unlock the car using my key.
So i did some research and see that i need to access number 46 (i forget the name). I can browse into most of the other controllers, but when trying to access number 46 i get "no response from controller".
has anyone got any tips/ideas as to why this could be happening?

Rgds

Briss:uhm:

Strange one this. 46 is labelled at Central Convenience yeah? Ignition is on too?

Post an autoscan of the car. That will give a bunch of info that will help us figure out what is going on.

should i censor any infomation? or just go ahead and post it all.

Strange one this. 46 is labelled at Central Convenience yeah? Ignition is on too?

yes, i've tried with the ignition turned on and with the key turned till the dash lights come on but get the same result either way.

Do a battery disconnect to reset the modules as 46 can be temperamental mate, mine looses long coding reported 1 year ago with no fix as its on number of cars with same module version.

There was someone else recently reported the same problem mate, need to check with mate what I suggested to do, does your car have the stop/start system?

nope, no stop start system on my vehicle.
ill give the battery disconnect a go tomorrow morning. I find it silly that on a car with only 500 miles i should have to do this already!

thx for the help though :)

briss