Lambda sensor problem

Fuzzy felt

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had the following problem, this is starting to become a bit of a
pain now.

My cars engine warning light came on a few weeks ago, i had someone with Vag com check it out and it brought up the following;

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S1: Performance too low

On wednesday I had a very reputable Audi Independent come and check it over, and replace the Lambda Sensor before the Cat.

After clearing the code, the car had been driven for a few miles and was given the all clear. Unfortunately, after i drove the car later in the day the engine light came back on after approx 5 miles.

They came back and checked everything that had been done, couldn't find a reason for it other than the new sensor could possibly be knackered, gave the car a good test run and cleared the fault code.

I was driving the car today and the light has come back again, hopefully they will be able to come back tomorrow to have a look.

Has anyone had this sort of problem before ? i am starting to hate this S3 now, it seems every other month i am having to spend out on stupid things!

s3's have different problems every month mate its so annoying im sure i have replaced nearly a whole car since owning mine,
did they not do a fault code check on the second visit? if so was it the same code?

Yeah, they had it hooked up to the laptop for quite a while, it brought up the same code as far as i know, i was on the phone to the solicitors at the time, i am moving house next week and i need this like a hole in the head !

sorry to bump this thread, but can anyone shed any light on this. I have the guys coming to look at this again on friday, but any pointers might help.

Thanks.

I have now had both lambda sensors changed and this problem is still on going, there doesn't seem to be any air leaks, and no obvious solutions, it is doing
my head in now as i haven't really used the car for two months !

Has anyone ever come across this problem before ?

same thing replaced the lambda sensor twice (in engine bay) but fault keep coming up as 17511 and 16519, still looking for a fix will check pipes for any leak from turbo tommorrow.