VagCom module?

amvauto

Reaction score
OK so I am able to connect and access most modules, but the one thing I can;t do is get into the 09- Central Electric Moduel with my VagCom, I can get into everything else, do a scan, change my tranny code, etc... but for some reason can;t get into centr. electric. I can get into the Xenon Headlight range, so is there another way to get into this so I can change the coding to ENABLE my Day Time Running Lights? Any idea,? Options Please???
I have a 2001 Audi A8L using VagCom 409

Welcome to the site

I assume its the shareware version, you havnt bought a license so you maybe limited to accessing certain areas & also 409 is fairly old so may not even have that capability.

Nope that is not the problem, it would say it is not accesible due to being Shareware..I can;t get in it just says "No Repsonse from Controller" but I am still able to get into the other modules.

Hows it possible you can get into other ones if its shareware, shoud be limited to a point unless its a cracked version.

I didnt know that year had drl's anyway, have you spoken to anyother A8 01 owners about these problems, also you sure 09 is available on that year as I dont recall this from the 8L either or 8D A3/A4 ranges

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A8/S8_%284D%29

Ok so it looks like you are correct, I guess based on the wiki page that is NOT available, so now i have to look for a quick fix to setup DRL so I can pass inspection here in CAnada. If you have any suggestions? or if you know of a way that would be aprecciated.
Thanks

How can you have the car already & it wont pass an inspection, surely they allow for older vehicles without to pass, did the car actually come with dr's from factory anyway, do other same year cars have drl's as I dont rememeber this at all on those years.

yeah, these cars do not come with it, it is only 8 years old, and is required by the federal govt. to all cars under 15 years old imported to Canada have DRL.
Other cars of that year are the same, I heard there might be some way jsut to get some copper wire and couple of fuses and split them into a live fuse that is unused and connect to the side corner markers? Not sure if this is right ....any help would be appreciated, lloking for the cheapest way and it only ahs to be temp so it can pass a 5 min inspection.
Thanks