VCDS Codes

Andy Shipton

Reaction score
Hi all,
I would like to ask for help with the following, I am retro fitting the RNS-E from an A4 part number 8EO 035 192 D into a 2004 TT and after some recoding I am having the following problems,

I have coded the instruments to 5 which shows the navigation information on the DIS,
I have attached the VCDS files from the last scan I did as you can see I have a problem with communications with the navigation control module.

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 8E0-035-192-RNSE.lbl
Part No SW: 8E0 035 192 D HW: 8E0 035 192 D
Component: RNS-E HIGH EU H72 0550
Revision: 04S Serial number: AUZBZ7F1138426
Coding: 0319113
Shop #: WSC 20619 123 63687

3 Faults Found:
00858 - Connection; Radio ZF Output to Antenna Amplifier
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 70
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2009.11.22
Time: 14:40:42

01316 - ABS Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Time: 14:40:43

01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Time: 14:40:53
Freeze Frame:
Bin. Bits: 11011011
Bin. Bits: 01

I recoded the navigation and this coding 0319113 was the one that threw up the least faults, it looks like I am missing a code to communicate with the 2 control modules, please disregard the Radio ZF Output to Antenna Amplifier as I know that the TT does not have the return from the Diversity amplifier.

i have scanned the instuments and the ABS modules seperatly and they do not throw up any faults.
Thanks
Andy

Hi NHN,
i am using VCDS Version: Release 908.1, i have had to do it for the a4 as the TT never had it fitted as atandard, however i have supplied a link which shows this as a retro fit, i am using a A4 unit and have coded it to suit. everything else works fine except for the faults codes recorded,do you know if the fault codes will cause a problem with the TT, which is a MK 1 roadster 2004 model as it only effects the Navigation module,just a note when i plug the concert single CD player back in i do not get any of the faults.
http://www.fontain.co.uk/accessorie...ransmission=&intMin=&intMax=&RSpage=1&ID=1645
thanks
Andy

Uh thats cause the original unit was actually for the car, could be the signalling for things like wheel circumference etc cant be picked up from the abs controller cause its not seeing it as it should, namely cause its the wrong car for the unit, same goes for the cluster, do you get any info from the rns in the DIS?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_%28RNS-E%29#Coding

That link shows things like wheel pulses etc that could link to abs.

Antenna is obvious & will probably remain unless you fit an alterntaive antenna system to remove problem.

The only thing that i have not done yet is drive the car with it all plugged in,i will give this a try at the weekend.
I know that it will self calibrate it's self after a few miles,i get everything up on the DIS, radio programme, CD tracks and all navigation Data,the only thing left for me to do is to check the wiring diagrames for the TT and the concert in relation ship to the pin outs for the RNS-E as you said before it depends what modules the RNS-E is looking for i am unsure about this, any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Andy

TBH mate given its a mk1 tt I wouldnt like to advise any further atm, given I would possibly expect some errors as the car is a completely different line to what its expecting, at least with an rns you could code it for 8P, 8E etc cars that supported the rns in the beginning, but the TT you're working on isnt even possible to code it for afaik, did you try coding it as a TT, not it will make any difference as that would be mk2 anyway.