A4 B7 Changes

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have VAG COM and a 2005 B7 A4 and i would like to do some changes.

I would like to enable:
* Needle sweep on start up
* Hazards come on when emergency braking

Is this possible?

For you to ask this question sounds like you may have an inkling that it is possible to do it ?

Seriously though....Hazards come on when emergency braking, Is the system clever enough to know the difference from simply braking a bit harder than usual ? Also clever enough to send a signal to operate the hazards at any point without specifically pressing the button.

Or am I wrong and is the car that more advanced ?

The needle sweep was possible on the sportier cars like R8 & S3, doubt yours will be, but you need to check the adaptations of the cluster in 17 to see if you have this feature mate, may need security access 1st with think was 13861, it will prompt of the code when you enter module 17 & security access anyway, then go through adaptation channels.

Also check module 09 & long coding BYTE 17 bit 0, which was on the 8P for blinkers on emergency braking, cant guarantee its same byte etc or it will work, but wont harm just ticking box then going for test drive, if doesnt work put box back to origiinal state, dont tick the box if it isnt named as below, check through bytes for that name or similar, different chassis has different setups.

LC,17,0,Emergency Brake Flash Light active

Last edited: