EM TuningAH Fabrications

Adjusting Adaptive Xenon headings for driving in Europe

If, like me, you have the new Adaptive Xenon headlights the proceedure using VAG-COM for adjusting these for driving in mainland Europe is slightly different from the normal Xenons.

With normal Xenons you Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption and change Channel 10 from 0 to 1.

With Adaptive Xenons you again Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption but then you need to change Channel 23 from 0 to 1.

If you do not have access to VAG-COM it is something that will have to be done by a dealer using their VAS 5051 diagnostic equipment.

I have now updated my notes in the following post in the FAQs accordingly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33492&page=2
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    does this mean i can alter my bi-xenon headlights for driving in europe using vagcom?, and thus passing my lights test in germany without having to fork out on continental headlights?

S-LINE

Status
    Iam pretty sure on My car I can change the headlights under the car options settings on the dashboard B8

Quote Originally Posted by brissett View Post
    does this mean i can alter my bi-xenon headlights for driving in europe using vagcom?, and thus passing my lights test in germany without having to fork out on continental headlights?
    No I don't think so. All the 'temporary' change does is basically to lower the beams to stop you blinding other drivers. Ok for a holiday, especially as generally not much night driving will be done. But I assume you car has to pass the BFG Lighting Test. In this case, as I understand it, you will need to change your headlights for a pair of continental ones.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Quote Originally Posted by KoFidee View Post
    Iam pretty sure on My car I can change the headlights under the car options settings on the dashboard B8
    I understand this is possible on some models, but it's not yet possible on my 2009 A3. Perhaps when the new A3 comes out in 2011 it will be included.
    Dave R (h5djr)

S-LINE

Status
    Just home checked car setup and exterior lights can be adjusted! for driving on the right.
    Last edited by KoFidee; 20th November 2009 at 17:09.

Neutral

Status
    what about the rear headlights?
    ive just spoken to my bfg lights guy and he says i need to order rear light clusters because the reverse and fog lights are on the wrong side!

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes if you have the UK version, it will have handed rear clusters (not on all models tho) so if this is the case on yours, then you will have to change them if you intend to live on mainland Europe, but not for a short stays.

Quote Originally Posted by brissett View Post
    what about the rear headlights?
    ive just spoken to my bfg lights guy and he says i need to order rear light clusters because the reverse and fog lights are on the wrong side!
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera