Vag Com Help

ST09

Reaction score
Hi,

Went round to Aspen's (btw he is a top lad) yard tonight as he agreed to help me change coding for Controller 09 Cent. Elec & 46 Central Conv. but unfortunately the vcds didn't read both controller giving an error for controller 09 can't read the controller for this ecu (cant remember the exact words) & for controller 46 not available.We used both 805.4 & Beta 907.0 to change the coding but no luck.
We then connected the hex-can to Aspen's S3 and it worked perfectly fine on his car. Aspen suggested we wait for an upgrade by ross-tech and then try again as he believes my A3 is newer than his S3 and audi might have made some changes.
Any kind of input regarding the above matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sal

That's odd. A HEX+CAN should have worked fine on the '09 A3. Color me confused. All standard equip in the car?

If you get another chance, when connected, do the [Options][Test] and let us know what VCDS reports.

Were you able to access other modules?

:uhm:

That's odd. A HEX+CAN should have worked fine on the '09 A3. Color me confused. All standard equip in the car?

If you get another chance, when connected, do the [Options][Test] and let us know what VCDS reports.

Were you able to access other modules?

:uhm:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply mate .. Yes mate , we were able to access other modules .. After performing the Test in options we Auto scanned just to save all the original coding .. ill get the log file and pm you .. We were able to access the 09 module but when we clicked the long coding helper it gave an error and as far as 46 module is concerned we were'nt able to access it at all .

Sal

p.s all standard equipment

Sal,

today when i pluged in, vagcom downloaded the updated version.

I can only presume it's got your newer modules on it!!!

when shall we meet up?

Aspen

Sal,

today when i pluged in, vagcom downloaded the updated version.

I can only presume it's got your newer modules on it!!!

when shall we meet up?

Aspen

Hi Aspen,

Hope you are ok and enjoyed your camping trip .. As per our conversation earlier will cya tonite .. Thanks once again .. Much appreciated.

Sal

Last edited:
Apologies for not replying sooner to your PM Sal.

I did reply yesterday but reading this I see you're sorted.

:whistle2:

Hi Mate ,

Its ok Sir no need for apology ... Yes Sir i saw your PM this morning and many thanks that you took some time out from your busy day to day routine and also for your generous offer to help me out .. going down to Aspen's yard again tonight to see if we can get this sorted .. As you are an experienced tech can you please input regarding the above mentioned errors ... I'll keep you informed though like as i said you are experienced and any help / advice would be more than appreciated Sir.

Thanks

Sal

Disappointed lol VCDS still cant read the 09 module and get no response error for 46 module.

Sal

p.s Big thanks to Aspen for his time and effort.

I emailed the autoscan and module mapp of 09 module to rosstech support last night, so I'm waiting for the response.

I'm gutted mate, we will get it sorted. :banghead:

I emailed the autoscan and module mapp of 09 module to rosstech support last night, so I'm waiting for the response.

I'm gutted mate, we will get it sorted. :banghead:

Thanks Mate .. After last night I'm more than determined to get this sorted as i got bollocking for coming home late lol :lmfao:

Sal

I have a reply from Rosstech.

Your car is indeed a newer model, and as such audi have removed the module 46 from 2010 cars, and integrated the systems into 09 - central electrics.

So that explains the fact that there's no controller showing up!!

They are still looking at your map report, and will get back to me today.

Will let you know.

PS. Sorry about your misus mate. I know your pain

I have a reply from Rosstech.

Your car is indeed a newer model, and as such audi have removed the module 46 from 2010 cars, and integrated the systems into 09 - central electrics.

So that explains the fact that there's no controller showing up!!

They are still looking at your map report, and will get back to me today.

Will let you know.

PS. Sorry about your misus mate. I know your pain

Thanks mate ... You've been a great help .. Thanks once again for your time and effort .

Sal

p.s no pain for next two weeks as im away to enjoy footie at emirates statdium :yahoo:

Hi Aspen,

Bro did you get any reply back from Ross Tech .

Thanks

Sal