Trip counter "MISSING" in DIS computer

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am new here and I have just bought me an A3 SportBack 2006 quattro 2,0TDI with full S-Line.:yahoo:

It has the full navi and DIS in the speedometer cluster.

My question is:

It seems to me that the trip counter is missing in bouth setting 1 and 2.
I have fuel range, drive time, av.L/100km, av.Km/h and L/100Km but no trip distance. :wacko:

Can any one here help me here.
Is it possible to have it in the DIS.
I am using my car at buessines and there for I like this option.
Now I need to reset the trip counter under the speedo every time.

I have the small switch on the indicator handle and I have checked the DIS option menu.

The last line in the DIS option menu i blank I got only 5 settings in each computer (set1 and set2)
(fuel range, drive time, av.L/100km, av.Km/h and L/100Km)

Does anyone know the VagCom code???

Thanks

Sim

So when you go into the DIS menus with the wiper stalk buttons & you goto SET & then goto Computer & Computer 1 & 2 are you saying you dont have Distances listed in that list to select/tick?

What version vagcom you running, whats the module 17 coding & also do a controller adaptation map from the main menu & applications to see whats coded in channels

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.html

Last edited:
Hi NHN.

Thanks for showing interest for this.

I do not have a VagCom at this time, but I have plans of buying on.
I have a friend working for VAG here in norway so I will be able to use the VAS'n.
But hi is on holliday so I need to wait for about 3 weeks.

I hope someone here can help me a little faste.

I do have a picture of the DIS on my car, so if any on can help me post the picture I will mail it to them.

Thanks

Sim

can you delete the other thread as 2 threads for same thing is pointless & to post the image just use photobucket to upload the image & then you can add the image to a post by clicking on the yellow box above your text box & put the url into this box that photobucket gives you for the image location, thus image then shows in the thread.

Why wait 3 weeks mate, I sell vagcom if you're interested, genuine version & can post internationally tomorrow if need be, you'd get in 2-3 days I reckon.

Post pic anyway of DIS as until you have vagcom cant do anything anyway unless you buy it, hint hint, lol.

Hi NHN

Thanks for the "PM"
I have sendt you an email with the picture of the option list.
Did you get it?

You see I have an old VagCom (do not remember the version) but I do not think it is fully open. If it wil not work I will by one after my holliday.

Do you think it is just a parameter in the ECU to get the trip distance ?

Thnaks

Sim

If I was you I'd buy the genuine vagcom, not some counterfeit rubbish.

Got image ok, I need to go & check the settings, whats the cluster part number as wanna check something, also seems strange it isnt showing the trip distance in that list on image as thought was standard for that option, we'll see.

Hi NHN

I am back from my hollyday.

I have driven 6500km in my hollyday and it was bad not to have the trip distance in computer.

I found out that one of my frends have teh VCDS+ CAN so now I can check out things.

Can you put me in the right direction on where to begin looking?
I found the language settings and service interval settings but no option for the computer. (instrument cluster, adaptation)

Please give me an offer for the cable from you since I think I will buy on soon.

Sim