VAG.COM Change after MFSW install

dinothetiger

Reaction score
Audi A3 2007 2.0 TDI S-Tronic Sportback with Cruise and CD/AM/FM Radio

hi,

I've justed changed my standard Steering wheel(no functions) for the Sline Multifunction steering wheel that has the volume and other controls. I now need to make some changes in vcds, could someone please let me know what changes need to be made? :meeting:

thanks

:sos:

I don't mean to be flip but have your tried your crystal ball? Mine is not able to divine what is present in your car. :keule:

How can one expect another to answer this question without information on the electronics in the car? Is there an assumption that all '07 A3s have the same electronics in them? I assure you there are many varieties of '07 A3 electronics.

We need a VCDS autoscan from your car as a starting point and then someone might be able to make some suggestions.

Unfortunately my crystal ball broke, which is why i was hoping to use yours..... :uhm:

I'll get a vcds autoscan done on my car and post up, hopefully someone can assist after that... I know i have to go into the steering module section and change the code... But to what...?

Anyhow will be back tomorrow with the relevant information and peeps can make suggestions.... :arco:

For coding see the web page below:-

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Steering_Wheel

This should give the correct coding depending on your car as per the posts above.

As you have cruise then you should (I think) have a steering wheel control module which is compatable (a scan will give you the part number for the steering wheel control module)

I presume you also have the additional wire for the multi function buttons.

Hope you get it working

hi,

So far using the link i've come up with the following code;

Steering Column - 0011141

Instrument Cluster - 0000413

The only things i'm confused about now are;

for the steering column code,

00x?xxx: Steering Wheel
  • 0 = 3-Spoke, w/o Tiptronic, w/o Multi-Function
  • 1 = 3-Spoke, with Tiptronic, w/o Multi-Function
  • 2 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio Control)
  • 3 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone Control)
  • 4 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control)
Here there is no code for a 3 spoke with multifunction, which is what i'll be installing? Whats the code for that?

Do i need an additional wire for the multifunction buttons? I would just connect direct wouldnt i? i have DSG....

Dino

did you ever get the code ??
Like you i have a 3 spoke MF tipT wheel which is not listed in the code chart you posted ??

When you use the coding helper in VCDS it will 'advise' you of the options and you can then pick out the changes you need to make.