TT N Chasis "Interior Monitor" error

Westy

Reaction score
I've done a search for this fault but cant find anything usefull, also the Ross-Tech wiki doesn't have a reference for the code! Here's the error:

01616 - Signal Wire to Interior Monitor
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

The TT is a convertable and from what I can see doesn't even have internal sensors or the switch to disable these sensors like it does in my S3? I've cleared the errors and they come back within a few days. There is no other obvious issues with the cars central locking!

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Does the car have an interior monitoring system? If so, it should respond at address 45 and chances are you've got a dodgy connection between it and the central locking system. If it doesn't have one, chances are something is incorrectly coded.

-Uwe-

I've done a search for this fault but cant find anything usefull, also the Ross-Tech wiki doesn't have a reference for the code! Here's the error:

01616 - Signal Wire to Interior Monitor
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

The TT is a convertable and from what I can see doesn't even have internal sensors or the switch to disable these sensors like it does in my S3? I've cleared the errors and they come back within a few days. There is no other obvious issues with the cars central locking!

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Open Circuit suggests me to as Uwe also says either a module is coded wrong, in other words its coded for a feature but that feature isnt installed on the module/car or there is a short circuit/dodgy pin connection as thats what the open circuit error is usually.

Cheers for your reponses guys. 4 rings had a look at it when they did a service last week. There isn't an interior monitor but there are a few other errors coming from the central locking like something about a "memory leak". All features seem to work fine so my mate isn't too bothered but it does look like the AI on the Central Locking pump has gone mental.

It must have an interior monitor, maybe not a button to disable but it will have ultrasonics or something similar to monitor movement in the car if the coding is as stock cause wouldnt warn of errors otherwise mate, or has someone been playing & turned on a feature the car doesnt have.

oh well I still think its a wire issue.