chirp when locking / unlocking car

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just had a play with vagcom, and tried to enable the chirp when opening the doors via remote.

option 3 isn't an option on my S3. Wierd.

The display box pops up saying what each otion does, but when i click up and down it goes from 1 - 2 no 3 , same when i enter it manually. it doesn't register.

Any ideas?

Andy

You need to change the long coding on the 8P A3 platform to enable those functions.

I would advise you to make sure that you do a full autoscan and save the results that way you will always have a note of the original coding of your S3.

See http://en.openobd.org/audi/a3_8p.htm#46 for more info.

Have fun.

Regards,

Paul

Agreed, an Auto-Scan makes answering easier. Of course enabling the chirping requires the car to have a factory fitted alarm installed.

If a brand new S3 didn't have a factory alram I'd be very surprised.
infact I think it's law on any new car in the UK.

Right, about this long number malarki.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on this as I'm obviously doing something wrong. I will do an autoscan first. Promise

did you manage to do this ?

if so, please can you tell me how :)

module 46 central convenience , coding , long coding helper , copy and paste in note pad original coding just in case

go through options in long coding helper and tick boxes for chirp on lock and unlock

press escape button and coding will be transfered automatically

should be done

i think that ives you the capability, then you still need change the soft code to option 3, i may be wrong but if i remember right when i did someones, the long code is like an unlock to allow the option of addaption to go to 3