Micro-Can issues

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I paid the £200 for the Vag-Com cable (microcan) for my S3. And just like the £80 handheld scanner, it won't enter 15. Airbags module to search for the error codes that are causing my airbag light to stay on.

Have I just waisted my money, again, or can someone please give me some instructions on how to turn that light off.

I'm using 805.3 but have just downloaded the new beta software which, it seems, has been updated with the lates cars etc. And I'm hoping this will include my 2009 S3.

Am I doing something wrong though guys?

Andy:keule:

Hi all,

I paid the £200 for the Vag-Com cable (microcan) for my S3. And just like the £80 handheld scanner, it won't enter 15. Airbags module to search for the error codes that are causing my airbag light to stay on.

Have I just waisted my money, again, or can someone please give me some instructions on how to turn that light off.

I'm using 805.3 but have just downloaded the new beta software which, it seems, has been updated with the lates cars etc. And I'm hoping this will include my 2009 S3.

Am I doing something wrong though guys?

Andy:keule:

All sorted!!! The car is so new, that it was the 812 beta version i needed.
Som much faster with all the systems as well, like an autoscan took half the time as with the 805.3.

I'm happy now :rockwoot:

All sorted!!! The car is so new, that it was the 812 beta version i needed.
Som much faster with all the systems as well, like an autoscan took half the time as with the 805.3.

I'm happy now :rockwoot:
If you had seen earlier My post & replies!! you would have known the issues with newer cars that the beta sorts..
I see you must actually now have the hex\can now re members with vagcom
great bit of kit eh...

As you already noticed we do suggest the use of Beta 812 in combination with latest models (specifically those requiring the new UDS/ODX protocol for diagnostics). In this specific case the problem was that UDS/ODX support for the Micro-CAN hardware had not been enabled in Release 805 and therefor Beta 812 is mandatory.

As you already noticed we do suggest the use of Beta 812 in combination with latest models (specifically those requiring the new UDS/ODX protocol for diagnostics). In this specific case the problem was that UDS/ODX support for the Micro-CAN hardware had not been enabled in Release 805 and therefor Beta 812 is mandatory.

What he said

Hi sebastian, no it's just the micro-can, but according to the rosstech website, that's the list of cars that it works on.

I was quite surprised too.

A